What's new

Davidoff 1000

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Size: 4 5/8" x 34

Received this as a gift a couple of months ago from Deano on CW. The general appearance + size of this cigar reminds me of the Davidoff Millenium PC ... and it turns out that's not all.

My object today was to have this before the big Christmas meal (lunch) ... but it was a bit too hectic this morning for any smoking time. Lots of cooking to do and presents to open ... so I put it off until early afternoon. Another beautiful day here - sunny and temps in the mid 60's. Lord I just love California weather!

Anyway, I took leave of the family after lunch and headed out to the deck to enjoy some quiet time. Deano told me this cigar was from the late 80's ... and the loose, ivory-colored band certainly indicated some healthy age. I clipped the end and proceeded to lite this puppy up ...

The first half of the cigar was mild, but with a good flavor. Cedary tobacco and a slight saltiness were the main flavors. Absent was any hint of the typical cuban twang though. The second half the flavors and strength blossomed ... some creamy / coco notes and a mild tartness were added to the earlier core flavors. The burn throughout was razor sharp, the draw was good with some slight resistance and the ash solid. I burned this down to the nub and was left with a good aftertaste and a pleasent buzz.

Overall this really reminds me of the DR Davidoff Millenium PC. While the first half of the 1000 was milder, the flavors and construction were quite similiar. I attribute the drop in strength to age and would imagine a 16 yr old Millenium PC would taste much the same.

Bruce5

--
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
My first Davidoff was a 1000. I loved it.
Loved it enough to start trying the other sizes.
Enough for people to say... you spent how much on one cigar.
....It is always the first one of anything that is the killer.