What's new

Davidoff Humi....I think. Questions, Help!!

Rating - 100%
68   0   0
So....I found this humi tucked away at one of those antique collectives while suffering through a day of shopping with my mom on mothers day about five years ago. The person there that day wasn't the owner and had no information about the box but haggled a bit with me and I ended up getting it for somewhere around $100. I figured it was a pretty good deal for a well constructed humi and Davidoff's were a premium product so if it was in fact genuine I could not lose.

I've looked around a bit here and there over the past few years for information about the humi but not found anything. I hoped you guys out there could help me. Are Davidoff's knocked off? Is this genuine? The construction looks to be of very high quality but I don't have much experience to call on in trying to authenticate this.

If this is truly a Davidoff box I would like to try and track down the missing hygrometer, assuming it came with one by the magnet circle in the middle of the inside of the lid. Again if its the real deal I wonder what it might be worth in its current condition or with the original hygrometer. This has sat around collecting duct over the past five years so I hope someone out there can help me shine some light on it so I can properly represent it as I try to find it a good home.

Thanks all!!

Attachments

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
So....I found this humi tucked away at one of those antique collectives while suffering through a day of shopping with my mom on mothers day about five years ago.
I'm sure it meant a lot to your mom that you "suffered" hanging out with her after she actually suffered through carrying and then delivering you and then raising you for 18 years. ...sorry, soap box.

Looks like a legit Davidoff humidor to me. Because I'm curious, do you remember how much their original asking price was before you haggled them down to $100?

If you are going to flip the box, I would recommend selling it on a Social Media site and not on here. Historically speaking, this site is all about brotherhood and helping each other versus trying to make a dollar off anyone. I only mention it because I know you're new here and I'd hate to see you get flamed for the attempt.

Rating - 100%
68   0   0
I'm sure it meant a lot to your mom that you "suffered" hanging out with her after she actually suffered through carrying and then delivering you and then raising you for 18 years. ...sorry, soap box.

Looks like a legit Davidoff humidor to me. Because I'm curious, do you remember how much their original asking price was before you haggled them down to $100?

If you are going to flip the box, I would recommend selling it on a Social Media site and not on here. Historically speaking, this site is all about brotherhood and helping each other versus trying to make a dollar off anyone. I only mention it because I know you're new here and I'd hate to see you get flamed for the attempt.
Much appreciated. I’m not looking to solicit here, don’t want my quest for info to be confused for bad form. I’m just getting back into the game and don’t want to come off the wrong way.

That being said....
The box was listed at somewhere around 150 originally. I guess they didn’t know what they had. The low price has been the root of my worry about it being authentic.

All I’ve got to say about the Mom thing is that I love mine dearly but shopping with her is really really painful, lol.

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Much appreciated. I’m not looking to solicit here, don’t want my quest for info to be confused for bad form. I’m just getting back into the game and don’t want to come off the wrong way.

That being said....
The box was listed at somewhere around 150 originally. I guess they didn’t know what they had. The low price has been the root of my worry about it being authentic.

All I’ve got to say about the Mom thing is that I love mine dearly but shopping with her is really really painful, lol.
A) shopping with mom can be painful - especially at a flea market. I'm just busting your balls.
B) I wouldn't let the $100 price point concern you about its authenticity. They obviously didn't know what they had and chances are, the person who sold/traded it to them didn't know either. Maybe a hand me down or something?

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
It is a real Davidoff humi.
No they are not knocked off.
The magnet holds a scissor cutter. Not a hydrometer. I have the scissor cutter.
The cost new on this probably was 1200.00 to 1600.00 when new,which could have been mid 90s or so.
That you picked it up for 100.00 is amazing,but it has not been kept up,the humidifiers are shot,and it could have sealing problems from neglect.
I would contact a Davidoff store and inquire what the steps would be to restore the unit.
I promise you it will not be cheap.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Thank for the info!! I assume the process of seal testing it would be the same as I’ve seen posted here. I’m near NYC and could swing by a Davidoff store without going too far out of my way sometime I was traveling through. I’ll test it up and inquire there about refurbishing it and possibly getting the cutter that goes with it.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Forgot to ask, anyone know what those 1-12 numbers on the inside of the lid are about?
I could be wrong but if I remember reading somewhere, the strip is a reminder of when you last charged the humidifiers. 1-12 are months. Should have a couple magnetic dots to use as markers.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Nice find. I would have grabbed that too for $100. The only things I’ve found around here are wood cigar boxes people have listed as humidors for way too much money.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice humidor. Every once in a while you run across a great find. I have a notification set up on Craigslist looking for humidors posted in my area. 99.9% are old junk or way over priced. Maybe a half-dozen a year show up as good deals. You have to move fast to get the good ones. I picked up my Waxing Moon from CL about a year ago. It was a fair price for a very good humidor.

Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Nice humidor. Every once in a while you run across a great find. I have a notification set up on Craigslist looking for humidors posted in my area. 99.9% are old junk or way over priced. Maybe a half-dozen a year show up as good deals. You have to move fast to get the good ones. I picked up my Waxing Moon from CL about a year ago. It was a fair price for a very good humidor.
I can see that. When I cut back I used CL to unload a 300 count. I didn’t need it and didn’t wanna go through the hassle of really marketing it so I just blew it out. Guy who grabbed it was really happy. Id imagine the other situation is some beat to crap box someone dug out of the back of their garage and want $100 for. Guess you have to hope you are getting it from a cigar person who took care of it.