What's new

DC/NoVA/MD BOTL Herf

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0
Hey everyone,

Wanted to gauge interest in have a BOTL Herf in the DC metro area? The obvious choice for location is the Civil Cigar lounge in DC, but feel free to suggest somewhere else if you think it would better. I spoke with Tak (Goalee1) who works there and his thoughts were to have one sometime in August while congress is out and on one of their slow days if we have more than 4-6 people. Their slow days being Tuesday, Wed., or Sunday. My thoughts are if we have more than 5 people interested, lets shot for a Sunday, if only a few, lets try Saturday when the lounge opens. If we have a whole lot of people interested maybe we can work something else out with drapers or civil. Anybody interested in this?

PS. there is also a DC BOTL group on the forum, sometimes these topics get started there so join up if you're in this area!

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I am in DC and would be interested in a herf. Prefer the weekend, and Sunday works fine with me.

How do I join the DC BOTL group?

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
I'd throw out (just as easy to get to) Shelley's or tinderbox (not as easy to get to) Shelley's has food as well and room to spread out ...tinderbox in Waldorf has a ton of room you can order food from nearby or bring your own and drink prices are better and the pour is on the heavy side. Civil is a little pricey and is more member oriented and still is a fine choice. And drapers doesn't serve drinks neither location...

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I'll toss metro-friendly (and parking-friendly) Baileys - Ballston Mall out there as an alternative. (Just two blocks from Cigar Connection - Arlington.) I like Tuesdays best.

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
I'll toss metro-friendly (and parking-friendly) Baileys - Ballston Mall out there as an alternative. (Just two blocks from Cigar Connection - Arlington.) I like Tuesdays best.
Great place only been there once for the tweetup tons of space and a Ton of great beers too

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I'm down for wherever.

Though, when school starts back up in the next few weeks, I might have to see schedule wise. Depends on what time Sunday though.

Edit: Friends of mine and I often go to 219 in OldTown. They have a small, but kind of nice back room, lots of whiskey/bourbon/scotch selections, great music (usually) and then they let you Bring your own cigar.

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0
Summary of suggestions so far

Places
Civil Cigar lounge - DC
Shelley's - DC
Tinderbox - Waldorf MD
Baileys - Arlington VA

Times:
Sunday
Tuesday

For me, location wise I'm down for whatever. time wise, depends on the Tuesday, but I may be able to do either. The issue with me and the time is I can't commit to anything yet because I have some dental work being done soon and not sure how that will effect my cigar smoking yet (or when it will be). I should know more about that though either on Friday (trying to fit in a dentist visit in the middle of my work day if there's time) or sometime next week. Other than that I just have to work around my schedule at work.

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0
I am in DC and would be interested in a herf. Prefer the weekend, and Sunday works fine with me.

How do I join the DC BOTL group?
in your profile look for a link to join groups and look for the dc botl group to join

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0
any update? still wouldn't mind getting a night out sometime.
I don't have any updates on this, but I'm not going to be able to attend any time soon. I Have a broken/fractured tooth and once the doc fixes it he said it'll take 4-8 months to completely heal depending on how they proceed, going back on friday. We don't have a strong DMV following here so I would suggest that someone just pick a place and time and see if anyone would like to join them.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Yes! I can participate in this!

I'm at DC without car. So a place metro friendly would be the best. (I got a bike heheh)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Next weekend would work for me. There is another place in Old Town that allows smoking, Las Tapas. We could order food and drinks there as well. Just a suggestion.