What's new

Dear cigar manufacturers,

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
If you could stop gluing the band to the damn wrapper, I'd greatly appreciate it. 20200314_062733.jpg

I know, I know, at the speed they crank these things out, that'll never happen, I'm just frustrated. I always wait until I'm almost smoking paper to take the band off, hoping the glue will soften with the heat.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
If you could stop gluing the band to the damn wrapper, I'd greatly appreciate it. View attachment 146822

I know, I know, at the speed they crank these things out, that'll never happen, I'm just frustrated. I always wait until I'm almost smoking paper to take the band off, hoping the glue will soften with the heat.
Man up and smoke through the band!

Jk. It sucks. Especially with CC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Man up and smoke through the band!

Jk. It sucks. Especially with CC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've never had this with CC's!(just plugged sticks xD) I have this happen all the time with NC's though. My theory on why CC's dont have it happen as much(for me) is that they are cheap and trying to conserve the glue lol.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
One of my pet peeves as well.

Oftentimes I smoke in my car and it drives me nuts when I have to try and remove an over-glued band while driving. It really pisses me off when it ends up taking a chunk of the cigar with it. :banghead:

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Long time ago I bought and keep a metal toothpick that slides under the band...pop it and your good to go. Doesn't harm the wrapper and I never have to deal with sticky bands...you can use a wooden toothpick as well or cheap drill bit, etc. Nice thing about this is that it has a guard to slide the poker into plus it's on a key chain....won't get lost. Slide the pik under the band....and the band will just rip easily and you won't rip the wrapper on your cigar.

Attachments

Last edited: