What's new

Decent cigars?

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
Is there a list of cigars that are considered acceptable for say bombing/gift giving that doesn't cost an arm and a leg per stick?

At this point in my financail life $10 gar's on up are a luxurious treat, for me.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Like Headbanger said, Bomb poeple with what you enjoy smoking or with something you know they enjoy (search that persons posts to get some ideas). There is no right or wrong cigar. When I've been bombed in the past, I've gotten mostly cigars that I hadn't smoked before, which is awesome! That way you get to try out something new and you might find a new favorite. I've gotten and sent 2-3$ cigars on up to 15$+ cigars. Whatever you send, it will be appreciated!!

Boppa-Wasch

BoM March '07
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Any bomb is a blast. Never know what you might get and often times a chance to try a new smoke or an old favorite

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
I don't know of a list but I have smoked my fare share of cigars $5 and under some are cigars that I would keep buying for myself as well as keep on hand to pass out or gift to those who don't fully appreciate or finish a cigar at all.

GISPERT CIGARS I like them a lot and they are cheap too.
PARTAGAS BLACK CIGARS I keep on hand as well and they are not to much.

These are two I always keep on had and would gift as well. I sometime go to my local cigar store and will not pay more than $5 a stick and see what I get, some realy suck but some I go back for. Good Hunting.

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Any gift is a treat where I come from.

Gift what you like as well as what you think they would like. I think it's greatly appreciated no matter what.

Ratbert

BoM Oct '07
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
I agree...bomb away and if the recipient receives sticks that he hasn't tried before, that's the best!

Things that I like, I buy, so I'd rather receive something new, or unavailable in my part of the country. As has been said many, many times before...more expensive does not mean better when it comes to cigars.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Smoke what you like, bomb what you or that person likes to smoke if you know. Otherwise, a gift is always appreciated in my book.
Exactly.

The best rule to follow when gifting/bombing is to just send things that you would like to receive.

Bombing people is not a contest but it is also not an avenue to unload undesirable cigars. :thumbsup:

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
The more you smoke, the more you'll realize what's decent and what's not. There are a LOT of very enjoyable smokes out there that don't cost an arm and a leg. You just need to go to the B&M and start experimenting.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
IMO, if you are going to go to the trouble of sending someone a gift, do some homework and find out what they like. Look at their profiles, past posts, other boards where they are a member, etc. Maybe send something from their favorite brand vs an exact cigar ... or if they like cigars made from specific tobacco (Nicaraguan, Dominican, etc), then look on Top25cigars.com and search for the highly rated cigars from that country.

Personally, I think it's better to send one $10 cigar that I know will be enjoyed vs five $2 cigars that might be.

That being said, I do appreciate any gift I get from fellow BOTLs.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a list of cigars that are considered acceptable for say bombing/gift giving that doesn't cost an arm and a leg per stick?

At this point in my financail life $10 gar's on up are a luxurious treat, for me.
Anyone who is disappointed by a gift of cigars, regardless of the price per stick isn't really someone you want to be sending cigars to.

On one of the other boards I'm on, the level of expectation has gotten so high, I don't participate in PIFs, Bombs, or any of the other things going on. This is not to say that I can't compete, I just don't want to have to feel that I have to keep up with the Joneses.

With that said, I'm currently working a deal with someone on another board to exchange a couple cigars to pick up an uncommon cigar as a belated xmoose gift to a friend. Value is a matter of perception, getting the uncommon cigar for my friend is worth more to me then the cigars that I am trading for it. Yet I know the price of the ones I'm trading are between $5-14 a stick.

Anyway, I think you get the idea.

Alan

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
You guys wow me n your openess, honesty and unpretentiosness.

I humbly bow to you all...

Yet I look forward to alot of education I know I will get from this forum!!