What's new

Denver + Caldwell

A Huge Nerd

Lee-Hair-Oh
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
You will hear vitriol and hate for almost every brand. Just smoke what you enjoy, while spending time with people that you like. Robert Caldwell is a nice guy and I have enjoyed most of the cigars that carry his name. Just enjoy life.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
What did he fall from? I'm unfamiliar with the history of the man/brand, and don't know how he was once regarded. I thought he and his cigars are currently en vogue. Guess not? At any rate, I like what I've had from him and am looking forward to my first event.
There have been some quality control issues, & a couple releases deemed underwhelming by critics. They're not my favorite, but I've had a few & experienced no issues. Smoke what you like & enjoy the event. They're almost always fun no matter who hosts.

Last edited:

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
I liked the LLTK, and the Eastern Standard. Smoke what you like, like what you smoke.

I think people hate because he's a really odd-looking character, and because of the gimmicky Lost + Found brand he's associated with. I've listened to a few podcasts with him and he seems like an interesting dude though, and people in the industry seem to like him.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I liked the LLTK, and the Eastern Standard. Smoke what you like, like what you smoke.

I think people hate because he's a really odd-looking character, and because of the gimmicky Lost + Found brand he's associated with. I've listened to a few podcasts with him and he seems like an interesting dude though, and people in the industry seem to like him.
Now is that because gimmicky is bad, or the cigars are bad? Because http://store.cigarfederation.com/collections/color-project-by-cigfed-and-bltc/products/craven-morehead?variant=18629389957

Edit: I'm really on the fence about getting a pack of the control alt delicious. Sounds amazing. Over budget for the month though.

So off topic.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
If the cigar is actually good, I don't much care if there is a gimmick involved in the marketing.
All things being equal, I'd prefer classic branding to something crass. Branding alone has never made me like a cigar, but it has made me not want to try a number of them.

A Huge Nerd

Lee-Hair-Oh
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Also, The Color Project cigars, including the CtrlAltDelicious, are made by Black Label Trading Company, not a Caldwell product at all. From that Color Project line, I recommend the Salmon Patty. Weird name, good cigar.

All that said, if you are over budget, don't spend money right now.

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Also, The Color Project cigars, including the CtrlAltDelicious, are made by Black Label Trading Company, not a Caldwell product at all. From that Color Project line, I recommend the Salmon Patty. Weird name, good cigar.

All that said, if you are over budget, don't spend money right now.
I know they are different companies. BLTC seems to be extremely well regarded currently, and therefore the gimmicky Color Project doesn't get derided liked the L&F. Apples and oranges, I know. Just looking for a suitable comparison. That said I've never had a BLTC and I've liked the Caldwell sticks I've had. Think I'll save my money for the event, should be some good deals.

Rating - 100%
107   0   0
I tried most of Caldwell's lines when they first came out and didn't care for them. No biggie, to each his own, there's tons of other cigars to try. But L&F is pure over-prices gimmick. "Swollen Cock"? Please. I'll continue to give my money to Jon Huber and Skip Martin.