What's new

Desktop Humidor recommendations

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Does anyone have any recommendations for a budget friendly high value desktop? Need something that holds 50 - 75 ish, has a decent seal and is lined with solid cedar NOT veneer...

I know there has to be some some stuff out there along these lines, but I'm not having much luck finding them..

Hoping some of you have had better luck in researching and purchasing them.

In before:
Yes, I have 2 coolers and a small Wino, but I need something decent for upstairs with a grab and go stash. Something that doesn't leak humidity like a sieve.... :meh:

Yes I tried several searches and didn't come up with anything useful, so here we are....

Rating - 100%
16   0   0

qpzmide

Eric
Rating - 100%
156   0   0
Does anyone have any recommendations for a budget friendly high value desktop? Need something that holds 50 - 75 ish, has a decent seal and is lined with solid cedar NOT veneer...

I know there has to be some some stuff out there along these lines, but I'm not having much luck finding them..

Hoping some of you have had better luck in researching and purchasing them.

In before:
Yes, I have 2 coolers and a small Wino, but I need something decent for upstairs with a grab and go stash. Something that doesn't leak humidity like a sieve.... :meh:

Yes I tried several searches and didn't come up with anything useful, so here we are....
Why do you need a desktop, don't you have a cooler and wino?? Also, did you try searching the forum? Newb!:whistle::smuggrin:
Seriously though, I may have something to send you in say like 2-3 weeks!

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Why do you need a desktop, don't you have a cooler and wino?? Also, did you try searching the forum? Newb!:whistle::smuggrin:
Seriously though, I may have something to send you in say like 2-3 weeks!
Hahaha, you a funny funny man..
2 coolers now! You people are a horrible influence.. :banghead::unsure::sorry::dead:
Ooooh, making progress eh? Can't wait to see more pics. :)

But nah man, what if you still need your desktop...

Rating - 100%
97   0   0
That’s where I’m at now, I gotta do something to get rid of the Tupperware before she plants it and me in the back yard. Following I’ll be interested to see what you choose
The funny thing is I actually have two desktops, but I keep them in the closet since it is the most stable temperature in the house.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
That’s where I’m at now, I gotta do something to get rid of the Tupperware before she plants it and me in the back yard. Following I’ll be interested to see what you choose
My next step was potentially emailing Cuban crafters and Tampa humidor, etc, and asking which options were solid cedar.
I think a lot of the reviews have to be taken with a grain of salt. I sure don't want to end up with another veneer.
Probably be awhile before I can afford to pick anything up anyway.
Just kinda pissed at this 50 ct. right now, boveda are turning rock hard in a matter of weeks.

Prine

Nerf herder
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
My next step was potentially emailing Cuban crafters and Tampa humidor, etc, and asking which options were solid cedar.
I think a lot of the reviews have to be taken with a grain of salt. I sure don't want to end up with another veneer.
Just kinda pissed at this 50 ct. right now, boveda are turning rock hard in a matter of weeks.

Eh, not good man. I was thinking about going to a coolidor to maybe help with my RH issues here. My wood humidor just gets all the moisture sucked out of it since it is so dry here

Rating - 100%
97   0   0
Is the lid not sealing properly? If so, that can be modified.

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Eh, not good man. I was thinking about going to a coolidor to maybe help with my RH issues here. My wood humidor just gets all the moisture sucked out of it since it is so dry here
Fwiw, Walmart cheapo 48 qt (edit) Igloo, seems to seal better than some of the more expensive ones.
Correction, it's an "igloo" brand @Prine

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Skip the desktops and get a Sistema tupperdore.

I’ll be converting everything over to tupperdores wirh cedar trays if this humidity issue comes back around.

mjones9630

Who?
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Veneer outside or veneer cedar? Think it has anything to do with it being humid as shit down there all the time anyway?
I don't think its a matter of it being humid outside. One's a bright maple burl veneered 50ct, the other is a black Gurkha branded 30-ish count that I got from Stogiefisher. And one is a nice, deep/dark cherry veneered 25 ct.. Just some cheapo Quality Importers humidors that came from CI and Thompson.. but the cherry one is nice..
They all show some signs of use, minor scuffs and scratches.
I'm currently using a $69 "Dublin" 100ct from Amazon as my "go to" box sitting on the dresser. Works like it should, and looks good doing so.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00QMXAUEU/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1515703561&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=dublin+humidor&dpPl=1&dpID=31tDTIV2P7L&ref=plSrch
1515703636415472944281.jpg