What's new

destemming leaf the fast way

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Several of the videos I have seen of "professional" rollers in a factory environment de-stem their leaves by wrapping the leaf halves around one fist and the stem around the other.; I have not yet been brave enough to try that. I lay the leaf on the table tip pointing down and laboriously cut both sides of the stem with the chaveta. Anyone proficient in doing it the "quick" way?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Pinch the rib from the back 4 or 5 veins down from the tip, (where it gets thicker) then pinch the rest of the rib out to the tip. then grab the tip of the leaf with your left hand, (if your right handed) the rib with your right hand, toss the whole thing over the back of your left hand away from you, with your right hand in the lead, lay where the rib is separating on your wrist (important) and follow through around your wrist. Your pulling the rib out of the back of the leaf. let me go get Maks's video to help.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Several of the videos I have seen of "professional" rollers in a factory environment de-stem their leaves by wrapping the leaf halves around one fist and the stem around the other.; I have not yet been brave enough to try that. I lay the leaf on the table tip pointing down and laboriously cut both sides of the stem with the chaveta. Anyone proficient in doing it the "quick" way?
You mean like this dude does at the beginning of this video?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He does it backward from how I do it.
He's pulling the stem out from the base. I suspect that only works for small thin leaves? when I have tried to pull in that direction ( because the chavetta didn't quite cut all the way through the side stem) it ended up pulling down the side stem.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great video. I’m a slow learner and wish it went slower.
I like that bunching and wrapping technique

They guy in the video must be rich. He’s using caviar as glue! LOL
They have slow Spanish and slow German. Perhaps someone will do slow cigar rolling :)