What's new

Diaz defeats McGregor

Rating - 100%
165   0   0
Honestly I don't follow all this much so from what I read I thought the guy normally fought at 170. If he normally fights at 155 then yea he probably sits around 175. Cool read on how these guys manipulate their water weight for anyone interested....

http://fourhourworkweek.com/2013/05/06/how-to-cut-weight-ufc/
A childhood friend of mine fights at 170 in the UFC. He naturally weighs 190-195. He cuts down to about 177-180 in training. Right before the weigh-in he dehydrates down to 170, and by fight time he said he is back to 180-182 range.

Rating - 100%
165   0   0
That's a lotta water to put back in the body, quickly.
I've seen what happens after the weigh-in at an MMA card and a boxing card. Some of the fighters basically look like their on the verge of death as they are so dehydrated. As soon as they weigh in their trainers will give them Gatorade, water, and sometimes Pedialyte. They also immediately eat a protein bar at meeting that takes place after the weigh-in for all of the fighters on the card with the athletic commission. It's why you try to cut as much weight early in training, so you don't have to dehydrate as much.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Glad to see the arrogance knocked down a peg or two, even if it was at a weight that mcgregor should have never been fighting at. Hopefully this sets up a rematch at 155. That would be a much more interesting match
His arrogance is what makes him entertaining, he talks a good game and in most cases he backs it. The Diaz brothers are beasts and can take hits like no other so I thought this was a good match up for Mc Gregor, if it was anyone else in that ring he probably would have took them no problem.

Rating - 100%
165   0   0
His arrogance is what makes him entertaining, he talks a good game and in most cases he backs it. The Diaz brothers are beasts and can take hits like no other so I thought this was a good match up for Mc Gregor, if it was anyone else in that ring he probably would have took them no problem.
I think he would've gotten demolished by Robbie Lawler, GSP, Rory McDonald, and Carlos Condit. The size difference at WW would be too big. He hits hard for a Featherweight, but that power doesn't always transfer over when you move up in weight. I also think Dos Anjos would embarrass him.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
25lb is a crazy amount to move up in that short time. Had he done it over the course of a few months, the result may have been different. His ego and the payday were just too tough to overcome. Now, can he take the humility?

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
I didn't see the fight but I watched the post fight. Connor looks fresh and Nate looks like he took a damn good beating.