What's new

Did Famous get hacked?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Remains to be seen but I seldom pay over original bid price for anything. If it's popular it keeps coming around. I noticed some of the Diamond Crown stuff gets a lot of bids and the prices get driven up

People might be pissed if they don't give them another week on consolidated shipping orders

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I have been having problems with their auction site for months. 522 error, 514 error, etc. I sent them multiple emails about it, no fix. Been hanging out at Atlantic instead ;)

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Atlantic has always done me right, but Famous has never done me wrong. I think they have to many limits on their discount codes, but that is about my only complaint.

On the other hand, has anybody seen a discount code for Atlantic?
Atlantic’s discount code is the VIP membership. If you buy boxes it’s almost impossible to beat. If you buy 5 packs, 10 packs or singles you won’t see nearly as much value unless it’s a special sale.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Atlantic has regular pricing, direct pricing, and VIP. Each level is a discount. VIP is a steal for boxes, as mentioned. I fluctuate between Direct, and VIP status depending on whether I have room in my humidors for more boxes. I didn't pay anything to get Direct pricing. I think they give it to you after you purchase a certain amount from them. But, I dunno. If I let my VIP subscription lapse, my account reverts to Direct pricing automatically.

highsierrasmokin'

The battle's fought, the deed is done
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Atlantic has always done me right, but Famous has never done me wrong. I think they have to many limits on their discount codes, but that is about my only complaint.

On the other hand, has anybody seen a discount code for Atlantic?
Famous has always done great for me as well. As long as I've been buying from Atlantic I've never seen any discount codes for them.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
What kind of deals you talking with the VIP package. Cigar auctioneer kinda prices? I haven’t seen anything cheaper than the auction site prices. If I found something at that level of pricing I’d pay the membership fee in a heartbeat to not have to deal with the auction hassle.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
What kind of deals you talking with the VIP package. Cigar auctioneer kinda prices? I haven’t seen anything cheaper than the auction site prices. If I found something at that level of pricing I’d pay the membership fee in a heartbeat to not have to deal with the auction hassle.
CA has great pricing on a lot of boxes, and fivers. Atlantic offers a lot of stuff that you just don't see on CA. To see the VIP pricing on the Atlantic website, you have to be a VIP. They don't show the VIP price unless you pay the $60 and become a member. I am not a VIP right now, but I was subscribed from June 2020 to June 2021 and saved a lot of money on boxes during that time. I recouped the subscription fee with the first two boxes I bought. I would estimate a 20% price reduction over Direct pricing, on average. But, that's a guess.

If you buy boxes of premium cigars, the VIP is the way to go.

Also, the free shipping kicks in at $150 instead of $199 if you're VIP. But, if you're buying boxes, it doesn't really matter.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Atlantic has regular pricing, direct pricing, and VIP. Each level is a discount. VIP is a steal for boxes, as mentioned. I fluctuate between Direct, and VIP status depending on whether I have room in my humidors for more boxes. I didn't pay anything to get Direct pricing. I think they give it to you after you purchase a certain amount from them. But, I dunno. If I let my VIP subscription lapse, my account reverts to Direct pricing automatically.
I just realized I get direct pricing if I sign on to Atlantic. The saving is between $2 and $100 on a box depending on the brand and size. Singles are $0.50 - $3.00 less per stick.