What's new

Dinner at Nola's tonite

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
Got a few days in the Big Easy this week...starting it off with dinner at the chefs bar at Nola's. Gonna try to get into K Paul's too. And will definitely hit the Gumbo Shop and will try to make it to Mother's for a shrimp PO' boy

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Avenue Pub for a legit beer selection and also scotch/bourbon. Believe me you will want to go. So many cool spots/restaurants that I couldn't even begin.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
Well, looks like it's another emerils night, going to his original joint (I believe). Got invited by some folks and couldn't say no.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I'll be down there Sunday & leaving Monday. Still undecided on a restaurant for Sunday night.

Rating - 100%
33   0   1
Acme oyster house- chargrilled oysters trust me on that one!

Also on royal about 7-8 blocks down there's a restaurant (Antonio's? Something like that). Authentic creole food instead of Cajun fare. White tablecloth type of place but it's good.

Sheraton hotel on canal has the best gumbo in the city no joke- better than any other I've ever had.

I could keep going but hit up at least one of those three things. I used to spend a month or more there during the summer for work and those are my food spots I have to hit up... But of course you really can't go wrong anywhere. Find the nastiest place you can and order the nastiest thing you can- it'll be delicious.

Rating - 100%
33   0   1
Btw, if you've never been to preservation hall... Go! Lafeets(sp). I can't spell in French lol. Oldest gay bar in the states but it's no longer a gay bar- not that there's anything wrong with that. Super dark, great music, like stepping back in time.

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
Chargrilled oysters--->YES!!!!

I hate raw oysters and canned don't do it for me, but chargrilled oysters are the best.
Can't really go wrong anywhere. NOLA food is the best.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
Emerils restaurant was much much MUCH better than Nola's!! Pork chop was outbid this world, had some Orin swift wine and some Justin Cabernet along with creme brûlée and some seriously god appetizers! Loved loved loved all 3 hours of dinner at the chefs bar

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Btw, if you've never been to preservation hall... Go! Lafeets(sp). I can't spell in French lol. Oldest gay bar in the states but it's no longer a gay bar- not that there's anything wrong with that. Super dark, great music, like stepping back in time.
Holy crap. I lived in New Orleans for a while and we all used to go to Lafites in exile. Gay club in the quarter. Lots of fun and lots of straight women.

Rating - 100%
33   0   1
Holy crap. I lived in New Orleans for a while and we all used to go to Lafites in exile. Gay club in the quarter. Lots of fun and lots of straight women.
Yes I've been to exile too- great place for a guy like me to get a few free drinks. They're both good bars for sure. My wife and I spent half of a night talking to people in the exile bar.