What's new

Disappearing Cigars

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Ever have something you liked that you bought maybe a fiver of just to find out the cigar doesn't even exist anymore?

I picked up a fiver of these Tatuaje Cohetes a year or so ago and really liked them. I had thought about buying a while box and stashing them but didn't have the space at the time. So now I go to try and find them and apparently its a cigar that was made for tower cigars and they don't stock them anymore! These were short but fat, like a robusto minus an inch and a half... 4 x 50. Had a great flavor, still lasted an hour if I remember correctly. I think I only have one left now.

So now I am kicking myself for not grabbing more while I had the chance! I hadn't heard much about these either since they were exclusives, but I guess somebody found out cause they are gone :rolling:

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Ever have something you liked that you bought maybe a fiver of just to find out the cigar doesn't even exist anymore?

I picked up a fiver of these Tatuaje Cohetes a year or so ago and really liked them. I had thought about buying a while box and stashing them but didn't have the space at the time. So now I go to try and find them and apparently its a cigar that was made for tower cigars and they don't stock them anymore! These were short but fat, like a robusto minus an inch and a half... 4 x 50. Had a great flavor, still lasted an hour if I remember correctly. I think I only have one left now.

So now I am kicking myself for not grabbing more while I had the chance! I hadn't heard much about these either since they were exclusives, but I guess somebody found out cause they are gone :rolling:
Just be thankful that you atleast got to try them. I missed out on them completely!

Irritech

Punch Super
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Yeah, these were great. I remember them being perfectly constructed. I wouldn't be too surprised if they showed up again sometime at Tower. :music:

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0

I fully agree. I have collecting Tatuaje and other Don Pepin cigars. BTW Rob has been very helpful in finding discontinued items.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Had that same situation happen with Cupidos. When I first started smoking cigars I was gifted a bunch of these, not knowing what they were. Once I had burned through most of my stock and couldn't find them on JR's I started asking around and discovered they were discontinued. :hysterica

Thankfully I managed to snag a few boxes of them since, but I always get mixed happy/sad feelings when I light one up. lol

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
You guys talking Tower out of Sacramento? One of my favorite vendors. . .:thumbsup:

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
mealstrom,
I believe Don Kiki did the Cupidos blend if I am not mistaken. Cuban Crafters out of Miami carries alot of his cigars and though the Cupidos are gone I believe he has used the same blend but has re-named them? You may want to check with them to see if this is true. Maybe you will get lucky!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
mealstrom,
I believe Don Kiki did the Cupidos blend if I am not mistaken. Cuban Crafters out of Miami carries alot of his cigars and though the Cupidos are gone I believe he has used the same blend but has re-named them? You may want to check with them to see if this is true. Maybe you will get lucky!
You're right that Don Kiki makes them. I've heard that La Carolina is supposed to be the Cupido "subsitute" (which begs the question, instead of making a substitute just make the real thing), but that it doesn't have that same taste. I have a few boxes from '99 that I dig into reluctantly on occasion. They're GREAT, and definitely haven't lost anything after being aged for almost 10 years.

A cool bit of knowledge about the Cupidos: The Cupid band on their Criollos is actually a sticker! You can peel the backing off the label and it is an actual sticker. One of my friends who owns a B&M by my house said he talked to someone from Cupido back when they first went out of production. He said that the main reason they speculate things went south is because the labels looked too "girly". Evidently too many cigar smokers weren't into having a naked Cupid on the band. It's a shame - they're great cigars!