What's new

Disney World on a Budget?

Hoshneer

Blumpkin King
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
I was hoping I might find some people with some Disney knowledge as I have none. I'm going to try to take a family member to Disney World and I'm on a time crunch because of their health.

I would love to hear if it's even possible to be budget conscious there and if anyone has any tips or tricks. I am going to try and take my niece over winter since she was diagnosed with Muscular Dystrophy that has been all she talks about.

So tips and tricks are much appreciated! I'm sure we have some Disney veterans here.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
When I went with a bunch of friends we did a offsite timeshare and it was actually free and all that happened was someone had to sit through their presentation.

So all we had to pay for was Disney tickets and our food

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Hoshneer

Blumpkin King
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Thanks, that's a great tip.
When I went with a bunch of friends we did a offsite timeshare and it was actually free and all that happened was someone had to sit through their presentation.

So all we had to pay for was Disney tickets and our food

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

squaresoft

It's dangerous to go alone, take this.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Yeah you can def. Save money by staying off site. That aside just Google Disney worrld discount tickets or whatever and there are a bunch of sites that can save you money.

If you do 1 park per day instead of park hopper passes it's not hard to find deals around 70-75 bucks per person per day. That's under 300 bucks per person for 4 days and you'll get to see all the parks which I feel like is about as cheap as you'll find for park tickets. After that just find a cheap hotel/airbnb/whatever off site.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
If your niece is having mobility problems or other members of the family have health issues you may want to consider staying on site. There are a lot of extras (extended hours, meal plans, character meetups, easy transportation, etc.) with the on-site resorts especially if you have young children. You just have to plan on it being expensive.

Good Luck, hope it works out for you and you have a great time.

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Yeah, definitely let them know your situation. I would call in ask questions 1st and then Google discounts for the passes and see if you're saving anything.

Next, I would stop at the Walmart that's like 10mins away. Pick up your food and pack a lunch. We made sandwiches, added a fruit, bag of chips, and a pouch drink. This also helps if you just want extra food and drinks. You'll save $$$ this way too.

1st time we went we stayed at the holiday inn that's inside the Disney area. Well, that's how I felt as there was a big Disney logo and mini and Mickey upfront lol. Anyways, the hotel did have free transportation to and from the parks, and we got breakfast before we took off.

Honestly, the last time we went I enjoyed it more because we stayed at one of the Disney sites. We got picked up from the airport, their transportation to and from the parks was a lot easier. It was running a lot more often (unlike the hotels), but this time we had a bigger family going too. There are pros and cons to both so just look into it. Sometimes saving more will give you more headaches but I understand everyone has their reasoning why they need to save or be on a budget.

Hopefully, this helps and I would definitely recommend calling in and expressing your situation and see what accommodation they can provide you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk