What's new

Display Cabinet

Rating - 100%
5   0   0

So this popped up through a friend of mine for $200. He said it has temp and humidity control built into it, but hasn’t been used in a while. It’s 6’ x 4’ and would be a nice wall piece. What say you brethren? Should I be concerned about anything? Do you think it will hold humidity with the glass fronted doors? It seems like a good deal, but I don’t want to be over eager and end up with a Yugo. Cheers!

Rating - 100%
62   0   0

So this popped up through a friend of mine for $200. He said it has temp and humidity control built into it, but hasn’t been used in a while. It’s 6’ x 4’ and would be a nice wall piece. What say you brethren? Should I be concerned about anything? Do you think it will hold humidity with the glass fronted doors? It seems like a good deal, but I don’t want to be over eager and end up with a Yugo. Cheers!
Might be worth checking out, but from the picture, I'd be worried about it holding RH. Those look like big gaps between the doors. Might be a gasket of some sort behind, but I'd check. The right door also looks a little sprung/warped at the bottom.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I would for sure go check it out. I can't tell if the right door is sprung or just not closed good. It would definately be worth a look.

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
buy it.
simple enough to fix up insulation,it was built to house cigars.
from the pic,the doors do not look like they are shut,so probably not a problem.
a fan shooting air towards the top and a proper humidifier and you have still saved tons of $$$ to go toward stocking.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
You'd be hard pressed to find a decent China cabinet to convert for that price.. if it had temp control, that's a huge plus!
Not sure what it's like in your area, but check Craig's list. I keep seeing great deals on cabinets. Including some that are antique. People just don't use them any more.
As soon as I have space, going to convert one for cigars.

mjones9630

Who?
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Not sure what it's like in your area, but check Craig's list. I keep seeing great deals on cabinets. Including some that are antique. People just don't use them any more.
As soon as I have space, going to convert one for cigars.
Anything worth taking the effort to convert would run at least $2-300+ around here.. the cheaper ones are usually in pretty rough shape.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I picked up one of the two he had and will post some pictures later. It turns out the guy buys failed businesses (their assets) and this came out of a liquor store that sold cigars. The doors close just fine and they have a pretty substantial seal all the way around them. They even lock to make sure it's a tight seal. So far it looks promising. :)