What's new

Dixie Beer Returns to New Orleans

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
The iconic Dixie Beer has reopened their brewery and visitor center in a new New Orleans East location. Structural damage and looting from Katrina closed the original brewery on Tulane Ave. If you ever traveled through New Orleans on Interstate 10 you probably noticed the two immense Dixie Beer cans on the roof of the old brewery.

To grow up in New Orleans was to spend your weekend at the lakefront with a couple of six packs of Dixie longnecks and a pile of boiled seafood. Dixie in a can on the other hand was horse pee served in a steel cup.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I remember my friend used to bring blackened voodoo to me from Louisiana. A few years later I found it at a distributor just outside of Philadelphia and it was super skunked.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I like my beer from a can.
Back then the cans where made of rolled steel with some type of liner. I believe eventually it was determined that the beer degraded the liner to the point that the steel was exposed and yes you where drinking the beer out of a steel can. A lot of the older guys drank the canned Dixie because it tasted like the beer they drank while serving in WWII and Korea.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Back then the cans where made of rolled steel with some type of liner. I believe eventually it was determined that the beer degraded the liner to the point that the steel was exposed and yes you where drinking the beer out of a steel can. A lot of the older guys drank the canned Dixie because it tasted like the beer they drank while serving in WWII and Korea.
When we decommissioned the ship back in 93 we were allowed to request division parties to help empty the ships storage. You would get like 50lbs of hamburgers, 50 lbs of hot dogs buns, condiments, and a pallet of the nastiest oldest canned Heineken you could ever taste. They had so much beer in these non climate controlled holds and you couldn't even give it away.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
When we decommissioned the ship back in 93 we were allowed to request division parties to help empty the ships storage. You would get like 50lbs of hamburgers, 50 lbs of hot dogs buns, condiments, and a pallet of the nastiest oldest canned Heineken you could ever taste. They had so much beer in these non climate controlled holds and you couldn't even give it away.
I don't like bottled Heineken.i couldn't imagine warm canned Heineken....