What's new

Do cigars affect your sleep?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
A buddy mentioned that he quit smoking in the evening because it affected his sleep. Anyone else have this experience?

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I find that I'll more often than not I'll have wild, extremely vivid dreams after a night of smoking. Everything that I've read online points to it being a side effect of the nicotine.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I find that I'll more often than not I'll have wild, extremely vivid dreams after a night of smoking. Everything that I've read online points to it being a side effect of the nicotine.
That's interesting, now that you mention it...

Lots of tossing and turning before falling asleep and then 4 hours later waking up suddenly, all tangled up in the sheets. Cigars tend to slow me down during the day but I have heard that nicotine can be a stimulant.

Now I'm curious if it affects us older people more that naturally tend to gel less sleep as we age.

xFreebirdx

Patriot Guard Rider
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
That's interesting, now that you mention it...

Lots of tossing and turning before falling asleep and then 4 hours later waking up suddenly, all tangled up in the sheets. Cigars tend to slow me down during the day but I have heard that nicotine can be a stimulant.

Now I'm curious if it affects us older people more that naturally tend to gel less sleep as we age.
I'm 57 and still I say NO. ;)

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Another thing to look at, is nicotine, like other things, have a different effect on people based upon body chemistry.
I do not have any issues falling asleep after smoking before bed. But at the same time i take nyquil and can not fall asleep at all.
If it effects you, i would say follow the @irratebass method and not smoke after a certain time. Good luck!

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You're not alone bro.

@Cigary43 where you at old man!
I'm eating fiber and dealing with my enlarged prostate as we who are over 60 seem to be doing. Aging is the circle of life in reverse order....kinda like the Case of Benjamin Button....from diapers to diapers...from wrinkles to wrinkles....from uncontrollable and nightly visits to the bathroom....I might have set a record last night..6 times. Enjoy your youth kids.....after 60 is Mr Toads Wild Ride!

Last edited:

kit_luce

To the ones we can save, and those we can't.
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Doesn't affect me, but I'm pretty much stimulant addicted. Nicotine is cigars doesnt affect me at all, about the only thing I get a nic buzz from anymore is pipe tobacco if i breathe it into my lungs. I chewed a lot for a while though. Caffeine has 0 effect on me, honestly I can have an energy drink with 300mg of caffeine before bed and sleep just fine.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
I used to have no issues with caffeine but over the past couple of years I have had to cut back. Anything I consume after about 1:00 in the afternoon now keeps me up at night.

As far as tobacco, I have no issues. I do have a co-worker though that has trouble sleeping after a cigar. He will now have one with me during the day if we have the chance but will not partake if it is anytime after dinner.