What's new

Do I need a bigger humidor?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My humidor holds about 25 or a couple more sticks. At that level, things are tight, side by side and two levels deep on the bottom, a little less jammed on the top removable shelf. At the rate I smoke and wanting to keep new sticks at least a month before smoking (idealy) I almost always have 20 or more in there. They smoke good but I'd say about 1 in 4 burn uneven, slower on one small section. I do rotate them every week or so, bottom to top, left to right etc. So I'm wondering if the inconsistency is a product of being so crowded, and would giving them some space in a bigger humidor result in more predictable burns.

I will say, knowing myself, I'm just likely to buy more and fill up the new space lol.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The recommendation would be to get something big enough that it is only 75% - 80% full. Depending on the size of the cigars you smoke that size will change.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
The most common answer to that question on this forum, regardless of the situation, number of cigars, size of existing humidor or whatever is a simple YES, you need a larger humidor.

Just too difficult to have the right cigar at the right time with that size collection.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah based on this and the others looks like I should lay out for the next step up. Probably never thought the first one would be the last.
We all start that way. Mine was a five count humidor from the shop near my Dad's place. Then I went with a 5L Sistema. Then it was two of those. At one point I had three 5L Sistema containers, a 2L Sistema, and a 150 count thermoelectric humidor full.

It all started with, "I only smoke once a week." Then it was, "I only smoke on my days off." Now, I'm trying to get back to one a day.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
My suggestion is to take your time in building your collection. You don’t want to end up with a bunch of cigars that you come to find you really don’t care for.

Also, there is nothing wrong with using a large Tupperware container. Just make sure it seals well.

And finally, stay within your budget buying cigars. It is REALLY easy to get carried away. Easy does it and build a collection you will be proud of for years to come.