What's new

Do you pair a cigar with an event?

Do you pair smokes with occassions?

• Always. I have to set the mood and am meticulous what I smoke and when.

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Sometimes, but only for something like a birth, anniversary, graduation, etc.

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Rarely. I might save 1 or 2 cigars for something REALLY special ahead of time.

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Never. I'll light up anything and not worry about what day it is.

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The EVP

The Bully
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I'll admit, I used to do this when I was a new smoker. But since I've gotten to be more of a FOG, I've stopped trying to pair an event and a cigar together and just reach in and grab something.

Last edited:

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
Sometimes. I usually pick the cigar to fit the mood. Events are too unpredictable. One never knows if you're going to have two hours to relax and really enjoy a cigar, or if you're gonna try to just squeeze one in, and hope you don't have to put it down. I usually pick a few to bring for a particular event, and decided on the one to smoke based on circumstance.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
i have had occasions and holidays where the best fit was a regular production shared with good company, and normal days where i just REALLY wanted to burn something precious. it's more about the moment than the occasion. if you make the time, and are receptive to the experience, a cigar can always be it's own occasion.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
What I smoke depends on how much attention I think I will pay to the cigar. If I'm planning on smoking with a group and having conversation I may not grab something HTF or really special because I may not be focusing on the cigar as much as I should. I'll save those cigars for quiet nights by myself so I can really appreciate them.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Wouldn't say I save for a future event, but went camping at the race track a few weeks ago and pre-packed my travel humidor with planned smokes. One or two regulars for daytime and something special for downtime at night. Packed a second travel humidor with giveaway gars.

Ive got another trip in a couple weeks and already know what I'm bringing.

But saving for a life event, no.

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
I do in away I usually smoke opus on New Years and the 4th of July. Monte #2 on my birthday ...mathematically it makes a box last long enough to age ..other wise I'd say I only pair for situations. I save longer smokes for football/basketball season when I know ill sit still longer lighter bodied smokes for longer day events etc. If any of that makes sense

D Quintero

Fumador
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
anti occasion smoker here.

When my time/attention is surrounded by variables with interaction , the experience often becomes secondary (vs. complimentary) and even possibly burdensome .

T'would be a shame to risk the Good Smoke like that

Thanks

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
The only pre-planned event cigar I have is my son's birthday. That aside I just go with my gut at the time which tends to keep me from smoking through all my "good stuff," even though I don't believe I have anything sub par that I've hung onto.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I voted rarely. If I have something special in the humi I tend to plan the even around the stick so I can focus on it and enjoy the treat. Those events usually involve just me, the pool or patio, and a great beer or spirit to go with.

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I voted rarely. If I have something special in the humi I tend to plan the even around the stick so I can focus on it and enjoy the treat. Those events usually involve just me, the pool or patio, and a great beer or spirit to go with.
This is pretty much me, smoking a special stick is an event itself so it deserves my full attention. If I pulled out my "really good" sticks on big holidays/events you can bet I'll not have chance to enjoy it properly.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe its because I'm a newbie/FNG to cigars but when I smoke a cigar, one that I really get into it reminds me of some event in my life that was good in some way or another and relaxes me into how I felt at that particular point in my past. Guess I thought about this poll backwards but does that happen to anyone else?

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Does Friday or Saturday night count as an event? The only time I really pair is if I am going to the golf course. Then I need something bigger that will stay lit and I don't have to think about too much. Other than that I am quite a random smoker. Open the humidor and see what looks good.