What's new

Do you smoke out of your coolerdor/humidor?

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Assuming most of us collect/age, do you smoke out of your primary storage container or use a desktop etc for daily smokes.

I like to store boxes in coolerdor/tupperdor and stock display wineador with monthly smokes, usually on the dryer side 60/60ish.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Assuming most of us collect/age, do you smoke out of your primary storage container or use a desktop etc for daily smokes.

I like to store boxes in coolerdor/tupperdor and stock display wineador with monthly smokes, usually on the dryer side 60/60ish.
I initially had this same thought process when I was setting up the various apparatuses to house my cigars. Realistically, I have not had enough forethought to know more than a couple hours in advance what I want to smoke. Therefore I store my entire collection at the RH I want to smoke them at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I smoke out of my wineador. Have a cooler in the closet for long(er) term aging. I usually move out of that and into the wino for a few weeks simply because it has 69% Boveda vs. 65% in the wino, and I'm too lazy to order the correct RH for the cooler.
I will dry box smokes from time to time if I'm in a hurry to try something new...

EDIT: Just ordered some 62% Boveda for the wino and will move the 65% to the cooler.
Anyone need 12 60gr 69% packs? Couple have a few crunchy spots, but overall they are all still in good shape. Have recharged them maybe three times. Lol

Last edited:

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I move a bunch of stuff to traveldors kept at 62% about 2xs a month. Means I'm not going in and out of my primary storage that often.
@Boudie , the 62 working out for you pretty good?
I'd imagine the humidity in Louisiana stays pretty high year round. Humidity here in the winter gets as low as 10-15% Average in the summer is around 40-50.
Ordered 62 for the wineador because I've had cigars explode on the golf course in the wind at 69. 65% wasn't a whole lot better, hence the reason for the 62%.
Sorry about the hijack.....

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
That's precisely the reason I use the 62's to "dry box". My storage is at 65% and they smoke fine but If I keep them a bit low, even if they sit on my desk or in my pocket for a couple of hours, they're still dry enough to smoke. Current humidity outside is 85%

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
That's precisely the reason I use the 62's to "dry box". My storage is at 65% and they smoke fine but If I keep them a bit low, even if they sit on my desk or in my pocket for a couple of hours, they're still dry enough to smoke. Current humidity outside is 85%
Gonna "dry box" my wineador. Lol RH outside has everything to do with RH inside the humi.
Thanks for the reply. Merry Christmas, brother.