does good looks mean good taste?

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I recently looked at a couple Perdomo Cigars:
The The ESTATE SELECCIÓN VINTAGE® 1991
and EDICIÓN de SILVIO.

They are beautiful looking cigars, size shape and construction. The The ESTATE SELECCIÓN VINTAGE® 1991 runs about $18 a stick

The EDICIÓN de SILVIO. is actually over $20 a stick.

Can you guys tell me some about them, taste and stuff like that. And If they are worth the money? even to a novice cigar smoker like me.

Donk

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
I look good and I think that I have GREAT taste! (Sorry, it was just out there waiting to be said by someone!)

I've had the ES 91 Maduro and found it to be a very excellent cigar. It was in a larger size. I also had on in a smaller (46 rg) and didn't like it so much.

dre

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive dated some super hot chicks that tasted like a mix of seaweed and wonderbread. Only bleach gets that flavor out of your mouth :tonguerol

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Nah, folks just having some fun with ya.

I haven't had the Estate, but the Edicion I had was a decent smoke. Worth the money? I'd have to say no as I don't really remember more than that it was a good cigar.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Donk ... generally speaking, looks and taste are mutually exclusive for almost anything. For cigars, good looks can mean good construction, but you won't really know for sure until you smoke it.

Perdomo has some very nice looking and well made cigars ... but not all have what I consider good taste. But that's due to my personal preference.

I've also not had any of the ESTATE SELECCIÓN VINTAGE® 1991, but I have smoked several of the EDICIÓN de SILVIO. They are quite good - medium bodied with a smooth, creamy and complex flavor profile. Excellent construction too. Are they worth $20/ea? Not for me. But I really like Nicaraguan tobacco, so when I had the opportunity to buy some robustos for waaaaay less than retail price, I jumped on them. Even then I don't consider them a big value, but they are an occasional treat.

Personally, I'd recommend that a novice cigar like yourself smoker stick to buying samplers of more reasonably price cigars until you have a more refined pallete. But if you really feel the need to try these, check out the CigarBid site. Many times singles and 5 packs of these can be had for much less than the prices you quote.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Donk if I remember right i think in one of your first post you said some thing along the lines of " I would never pay 15$ for a cigar let alone trying to justify a 20$ cigar." My point is cigars are like sex we are always willing to pay more.

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
yoink, great point. My tastes have come along in the last 2 months or so. and your right. they are like sex, and yes I will pay more now. I love my cigars!!!

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I personally am not a huge fan of Perdomo cigars. I've tried several (although not the Silvo) and almost all have failed me. Guess I just don't like the way they blend, or something. They certainly make high quality cigars; they're just not for me.

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I dont think looks affect the taste.. now there are obviously some serious construction issues that can affect the taste, but I do not think that it means that much, as far as flavor goes