What's new

Does it matter how full a humidor is?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well.. I think cigar quantity would matter less assuming a good humidor with lots of Spanish cedar but that's just the issue... one humidor I have is milk glass lined, which is very good at keeping in moisture, but not so great at storing it. The other humidor has barely any real Spanish cedar in it at all, though due to mods I made (remove felt, veneer bottom, put rubber feet on), it holds humidity well enough now, so it has the same problem. But it can't hold very many cigars or cedar strips to begin with.

I added a half ounce of HCM beads to the Decatur humidor but the beads are still new and conditioned to 65, and I'm trying to pull the whole thing up to 68, so the humidity keeps dropping . And adding back a gel stick to try to raise it up raises it too much. It probably needs more cigars, so I added a few Dutchies in there (they are cheap), placed as far away as possible from my premium sticks, but still in the humidor. I also am going to experiment with adjusting the amount of PG solution in the gel stick, to try to change the amount of moisture released, as well, and more HCM beads might be a good idea.

luckysaturn13

Smoke it if ya got it!
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Multiple type humidifiers will fight each other or over humidify your sticks by raising them too fast I found this out the hard way. I had to put my sticks in hibernation for a month and it will probally be another before i feel like i can smoke one and not have burn issues. My box got down to about 35% rh and I brought it up wayy to fast. I went a while w o smoking and my biveda ran dry