What's new

Does your bubble gum lose its flavor on the bedpost overnight?

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Here's an odd conundrum for ya:

For years, I have used plain old cellulose glue. I got the first batch from a craft store. Very fine grained stuff. I bought subsequent supplies off Amazon, under school supplies. Mush coarser stuff. Last Fall, Charlie gifted me his rolling kit. Among these were two large jars of Bermacol. I passed on a crapload of his leaves for Christmas; but I didn't have enough leaf targets enough to make hardly a dent in the Bermacol. So I started using it. Around New Year I mixed up a couple pill cups fulla gar glue. However, since then, between one thing and another, such as a couple new small side gigs and the wife's health, why, I've abandoned my daily rolling. So this glue has just set. Now, we are approaching the point here:
  • Cellulose glue always congealed while setting unused.
  • Bermacol appears to dilute.
I would mix the cellulose to a consistency where you would be ready to put the jello that you set on the counter to cool into the fridge now to jell. Over weeks and weeks it would turn almost to jello. I mixed the Bermacol to a similar consistency, but weeks later, when I dip my finger in, it's like thick spit.

So, here's the question, directed at those who use Bermacol: Does your Gar Glue thin over time?

And just for entertainment...

Here are this morning's two little test fatties (adorabustos), rolled wet, cause I'm trying to smooth out this crinkly binder. Hope they dry enough to test before Super Bowl.

Las Chuchadas, hecho de
2 piloto viso
2 condega seco
Vuelta Abajo binder
Mata Fina wrapper

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Here's an odd conundrum for ya:

For years, I have used plain old cellulose glue. I got the first batch from a craft store. Very fine grained stuff. I bought subsequent supplies off Amazon, under school supplies. Mush coarser stuff. Last Fall, Charlie gifted me his rolling kit. Among these were two large jars of Bermacol. I passed on a crapload of his leaves for Christmas; but I didn't have enough leaf targets enough to make hardly a dent in the Bermacol. So I started using it. Around New Year I mixed up a couple pill cups fulla gar glue. However, since then, between one thing and another, such as a couple new small side gigs and the wife's health, why, I've abandoned my daily rolling. So this glue has just set. Now, we are approaching the point here:
  • Cellulose glue always congealed while setting unused.
  • Bermacol appears to dilute.
I would mix the cellulose to a consistency where you would be ready to put the jello that you set on the counter to cool into the fridge now to jell. Over weeks and weeks it would turn almost to jello. I mixed the Bermacol to a similar consistency, but weeks later, when I dip my finger in, it's like thick spit.

So, here's the question, directed at those who use Bermacol: Does your Gar Glue thin over time?

And just for entertainment...

Here are this morning's two little test fatties (adorabustos), rolled wet, cause I'm trying to smooth out this crinkly binder. Hope they dry enough to test before Super Bowl.

Las Chuchadas, hecho de
2 piloto viso
2 condega seco
Vuelta Abajo binder
Mata Fina wrapper

View attachment 169039
No, mine doesn't thin. Just the opposite since I sometimes leave the lid off for a day or two over the months-long run of a typical 1-teaspoon-of-powder-7-of-water quantity.