What's new

Dom Olor Binder??

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone worked with this? I bought some a short time back and haven't made a whole lot with it. Most of my leafs are VERY thick, and quite dark. On average, after taking the center stem off, the half leafs are 3-3.5 inches across, not very big. And talk about a leathery leaf! Some feel just a tad thicker than fruit leather. I might have to double up, but then half the cigar will be binder... lol!

I'm just wondering how well others were working with this narrow, thick leaf.

Anyone??

-Rex

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
On a narrow binder, use an inner binder piece that is big enough to keep the filler leaves from wilding on you. (base leaf) I got the wrapper not the binder yet.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Has anyone worked with this? I bought some a short time back and haven't made a whole lot with it. Most of my leafs are VERY thick, and quite dark. On average, after taking the center stem off, the half leafs are 3-3.5 inches across, not very big. And talk about a leathery leaf! Some feel just a tad thicker than fruit leather. I might have to double up, but then half the cigar will be binder... lol!

I'm just wondering how well others were working with this narrow, thick leaf.

Anyone??

-Rex

3 to 3 1/2 " is more than ample width.
You should look to cut a string maybe 2 1/2" wide

Is the leaf itself, tho thick, not strong enough?
Is it too wet?
Are your fingernails piercing it?
Are you binding much too tightly?
Are you binding crookedly?

When binding, I nearly always use my third hand (a heavy bronze paperweight) to stretch the leaf tighter... Nevertheless, I can only recall one binder leaf that consistently failed, and that was the WLT Vuelta Abajo, which is just physically weak stuff. I have even bound with paper thin Indonesian (doubled) and with fragile CT shade (doubled).

nota bene: IIRC, I have used Olor as binder... but it was not your olor "binder"... it was seco
no probs with it

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The day after I posted this, I roll a few cigars. Like webmost said, even though the leaf wasn't very wide it rolled nicely. I was able to roll 6-7 cigars with .5 leaf. The leaf held together to my suprise. The cigars turned out very nice, and i used the binder for my next 3-4 rolling sessions.

Come to find out I kinda like that Dom Olor binder! :)

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The day after I posted this, I roll a few cigars. Like webmost said, even though the leaf wasn't very wide it rolled nicely. I was able to roll 6-7 cigars with .5 leaf. The leaf held together to my suprise. The cigars turned out very nice, and i used the binder for my next 3-4 rolling sessions.

Come to find out I kinda like that Dom Olor binder! :)
I been using LO olor seco as one of my fave binders for five years.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
The nicest thing about WLT's Olor binder is it makes a super smooth bunch in the mold:
View attachment 33647
... and, of course, the smoother the doll, the smoother the wrap.

But the oddity of it is, smoking this leaf appears to give me violent sneezies.
Anyone else get olor sneezies? Or is it just me?

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The nicest thing about WLT's Olor binder is it makes a super smooth bunch in the mold:
View attachment 33647
... and, of course, the smoother the doll, the smoother the wrap.

But the oddity of it is, smoking this leaf appears to give me violent sneezies.
Anyone else get olor sneezies? Or is it just me?
Never used wlt Olor binder but I bind with lo Olor seco. No sneezes.