What's new

Dominican cigar map

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
I am planning a trip to the Dominican at the end of the summer, and I wanted to go to a few factories while I was there. So is there a website of list/map of where the different cigar companys are? Can someone help. Please. :help:

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I traveled to the DR in May and stayed in Punta Cana, located on the far
North-Eastern coast of the DR. I also had wishes to take some tours of the factories....but after reading up on were the factories are located in the DR and that most of the good cigar factories are located in a special zone that would not allow tours I came to the conclusion that is was not going to happen.

Most of the good factories are located in the North-West corner of the DR. It was almost a 10 hr. drive to get there from PC. There are a few less known factories located in the central region of the DR that are open to tours. You can find info on them here.

http://www.godominicanrepublic.com/main.asp?xmlpath=/DominicanRepublic/About/ArtsCultureSports/Cigars/cigars_en.xml#factory

If you are staying in the resort area of Punta Cana then schedule a tour of the Don Lucas cigar factory with your resorts front desk. The tour was good and the cigars are very nice.

One word of advice...bring your own cigars to smoke! DO NOT buy any from the beach vendors, they have all fake Cohiba glass top boxes.

If you have any other questions about the trip you have planned let me know...been there and done that!

eyetek