What's new

Dominican Santiago Selection Robusto

Cigar_Jack

BoM May 05
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Dominican Santiago Selection Robusto

Camino Viejo Tabacos produce the Dominican Santiago Selection Cigars. It is a mild cigar with excellent construction and flavor. The two I smoked were well constructed made with no visible flaws in the wrapper. The draw was easy and I did not have any trouble with the burn. The first one I enjoyed with a snifter of cognac, and they complimented each other nicely. I smoked the second cigar on its own to pick out some of the subtle flavors hidden by the cognac on the first sitting.

Smoking these cigars has been a very pleasing experience. The Connecticut wrapper gives the cigar slight leather taste and texture that blends well with the stronger earthy coffee flavor. As the cigar started to burn into the first third and nearing half it really livened up as the spices started to emerge. I was able to discern hints of vanilla, anise, and cinnamon that hung around until the cigar burnt my fingers.

Just because a cigar is mild does not mean it has to lack flavor and this cigar proves that point. It sits somewhere between a Casa Torano and a Cusano 18 in its flavor. I have to give this cigar 8 out of 10.