What's new

Don Carlos/Hemingway

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I've been smoking cigars for a long time now and am looking forward to my first Hemingway here in a little while. I have a couple classics. I've smoked some from the regular line and they didn't do it for me. I've heard outstanding remarks about the Hemingway line, but my question is this. Does the Hemingway blend in any way differ from the Don Carlos blend? It seems they use the same binder/wrapper/filler except in the cases of maduro Hemingway's which obviously don't use cameroon. I had a Don Carlos years ago and I remember it being much better imo than the regular line. So I'm wondering if I'm going to be experiencing the same blend pretty much. Obviously the Hemingways are shaped perfecto type cigars and I understand that. Does the blend differ between the two though?

Rating - 90%
11   1   0
HUGE DIFFERENCE!!!!! The main similarity is they both use Cameroon wrappers. The blends are totally different!!!! DC much spicier and stronger. Hemingway's sweeter, mild spice and medium body..Construction on the Hemingway's are rolled much loser, so a different burn and different tastes. Don carlos I do believe are aged for five years before released. IF not that long, I know its a couple of years. Either way, both great smokes!

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Thanks ohpus. I kinda figured they were different, or why else have a different line. I just couldn't find official information on this as their site doesn't explain any difference between blends and when looking at info from top25 the reviews share characteristics. Thanks.

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Interestingly enough, I do not care much for the Don Carlos line, although the Hemingway Signature and Classics are regulars in my humidor. I have tried a number of the DC's, but they just do not agree with me. You never know what you are going to like in the world of cigars. . .:scratchhe

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
I like the Don Carlos line, but I like the Hemingways much much better. The Short Story is my favorite small NC.