What's new

Don Lino Africas?

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
Any one try this cigar line? I love the label I have hear a little about it doesn't seem to be an expensive cigar, the reviews I have read list it from medium to FULL flavored...

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Had the torpedo a while ago and enjoyed it. Tried the DC three tumes and gave up. Each one a poor burn, or plugged.

kirscovitch

Mad Matt
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
there was an interview with Nestor Miranda in Feb Cigar Aficionado. he spoke of how he came up with the Africas. he was on safari there and on the plane trip, he decided to design a box of cigars. the name of the cigars are after african animals, but in the Masai language. instead of cheetah, its Duma. instead of zebra, its Punda Milla.

the filler has cameroon in the blend
Nicaraguan wrapper
leaves from costa rica and the dominican are also used.

pretty cool article over all.....

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Best descriptor I've heard is "Very much like a more flavorful, slightly fuller bodied Montecristo Afrique"... which doesn't help me at all, as I've never had the Afrique... But I will say that the Robusto size was my favorite of all sizes in the line. Something about that size brings out the best of the costa rican (albeit somewhat mellowed) and cameroon (Distinctly natural- sweet flavors, and in the filler, no less!) The torp seemed to have too much filler, or rather, was too tightly filled to let the flavors develop -- had I puffed any more, it would have burned hot and acrid, yet any less and it would have gone out. The robusto was quite good, as I recall, with a dry earthy- nuttiness throughout (or so my notes tell me... it didn't leave a lasting impression, so I have to rely on the notes).
Just my 2 cents...
ZugbugPete

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
there was an interview with Nestor Miranda in Feb Cigar Aficionado. he spoke of how he came up with the Africas. he was on safari there and on the plane trip, he decided to design a box of cigars. the name of the cigars are after african animals, but in the Masai language. instead of cheetah, its Duma. instead of zebra, its Punda Milla.

the filler has cameroon in the blend
Nicaraguan wrapper
leaves from costa rica and the dominican are also used.

pretty cool article over all.....
yes, I read that and is what got me interested in them orignally. But forgot about it until it came to mind suddenly...

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Best descriptor I've heard is "Very much like a more flavorful, slightly fuller bodied Montecristo Afrique"... which doesn't help me at all, as I've never had the Afrique... But I will say that the Robusto size was my favorite of all sizes in the line. Something about that size brings out the best of the costa rican (albeit somewhat mellowed) and cameroon (Distinctly natural- sweet flavors, and in the filler, no less!) The torp seemed to have too much filler, or rather, was too tightly filled to let the flavors develop -- had I puffed any more, it would have burned hot and acrid, yet any less and it would have gone out. The robusto was quite good, as I recall, with a dry earthy- nuttiness throughout (or so my notes tell me... it didn't leave a lasting impression, so I have to rely on the notes).
Just my 2 cents...
ZugbugPete
Hmmm, sounds very interesting.