Ring Gauge: 50
Country Manufactured: Nicaragua
Filler: Nicaragua
Binder: Nicaragua
Wrapper: Nicaragua
Color: Oscuro
Strength: Full
Shape: Rothschild

This was a gift from a friend. He estimates that it has 5 years on it and I had it in my humidor for 150 days @ 65%. As a chef I am always impressed with great presentation of a dish as well as its taste. This cigar is an eye catcher right from the start, from the beautiful Oscuro wrapper to one of the most stunning bands I’ve seen. The construction is flawless with very few visible veins, an almost indiscernible wrapper seam to a meticulously applied cap. The color was very consistent with a beautiful oily sheen. The pre- light aroma was of barnyard/hay with some earthiness. The cap cut easily and cleanly. The draw both pre and post light was smooth and very easy. The burn was very even and consistent till into the final third when the burn line began to wander just a bit but it corrected itself. The stick held a good inch and a half of black speckled/light gray ash. The draw once lit remained very smooth and easy and produced very ample plumes of smoke. The flavor was very peppery upfront, a Pepin hallmark. The peppery flavor leveled out a bit into the the beginning of the second 1/3 and a subtle sweetness reminiscent of bittersweet chocolate and charcoal emerged. As I got toward the end of the second 1/3 and into the final 1/3 that sweetness became a bit more prominent with the pepperiness still providing a back note of spice with just a touch of leather emerging. Throughout the the smoke the draw remained smooth, easy, and cool and the smoke was thick, creamy and provided a full and very pleasantly sweet finish. An absolutely stellar stick.