What's new

Don't bet

Rating - 100%
72   0   0
Yeah whehn I worked at Yosemite one summer, the fires were going strong there in '87 and every time they would get close to the edge of the valley, all the tourons (1/2 tourist, 1/2 morons) would freak and start stampeding to get out of the valley, we were the only close gas station and to top it off a rock slide had closed off one of the exits so it really created a 3 ring circus effect.

Got so into directing traffic and pumping people's gas I forgot one of the nozzles in a car, well it took off and BAM!! it comes rippen' out of there, but you lose little gas as the emergency shutoff kicks in but you do feel like an ass for doing it.

(For a more detailed exp. of the touron term, most people when they go on vacation take their wallets with the, but leave their brains at home, while working in Yosemite you get such questions as:

What time do they turn off the waterfalls around here?
How often do the trees fall? Answer: only once it is too expensive to pick them back up.

Your out in the woods and you get asked where is the nearest bathroom?

Or better yet, you are in your black and white smocked uniform, black dress pants and black dress shoes and they ask you if you work there!)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate to admit this, but I have driven off with a hose in the car before.

It was 5:00 am, and I was on the way to work. I was gassing up when the boss called with a huge problem, and we got to talking about it. Then I went in and bought coffee and a danish. Then I had to go back in and buy smokes. Then I went back in to get sunflower seeds.

Then, (remember, I am on the phone with the owner of my company), I got in the car and drove off...............

However, I only went about 8 feet.