What's new

Double binders ?

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Cuba is famous for double binders. In other locations I see double binders sometimes used, sometimes not. I use a double only if I'm using an imperfect wrapper leaf as a binder and it is too fragile to hold the bunch. I assume double binders are usually used just to get that extra leaf in there to get the leaf mix that is required. Is there something I'm missing?

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Gives smoothness, structure, doesn't bust on you if you use ultra-dry filler like I do, gives you more of that binder in the blend if you want that, allows you to always bind from one direction.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Gives smoothness, structure, doesn't bust on you if you use ultra-dry filler like I do, gives you more of that binder in the blend if you want that, allows you to always bind from one direction.
Thanks for the information.
What does "allows to bind in one direction" mean? I'm not sure how a double binder affects that, unless you run the veins in opposite direction in the 2 binders so that there is more strength.

This has got me thinking about something else I do that is not traditional. Since my bunching is not always perfect, I will sometimes have one end a bit too soft after it has come out of the mold or newspaper. I prefer to use that end as the foot regardless of the direction I put on the binder. It doesn't seem to affect the construction and burn as long as the wrapper goes from foot to head.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Thanks for the information.
What does "allows to bind in one direction" mean? I'm not sure how a double binder affects that, unless you run the veins in opposite direction in the 2 binders so that there is more strength.

This has got me thinking about something else I do that is not traditional. Since my bunching is not always perfect, I will sometimes have one end a bit too soft after it has come out of the mold or newspaper. I prefer to use that end as the foot regardless of the direction I put on the binder. It doesn't seem to affect the construction and burn as long as the wrapper goes from foot to head.
If you single bind then half the time you're binding left to right. If you double bind you can go whichever direction you prefer because you're using the whole leaf.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Do you guys think the method of applying the double binder has effect on the burn or flavor? I've seen videos of rollers utilizing a double binder with two stacked leaves, or laying two leaves inline so it's like one long leaf. I tried rolling some last night where I wrapped a bunch with a single binder and then used a second binder leaf to wrap that up. I Then used a wrapper to wrap it all up. It'll go in the dry box for at least a couple weeks. In the meantime I wanted to see what you guys think while I'm waiting.

Double binder is interesting. It did make a huge difference in the structure, shape and smoothness of my rolling. I want to try out two different binders for flavor...I guess I want to further complicate blending haahaa. I saw a video of this one dude that rolls double binder and double wrapper!

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m curious on that to. I can understand the structure part. But I’m wondering about the blend more. Why use two if you could just use it as filler for the blend.
That makes me think it’s more construction and burn.
I haven’t experimented enough but tmi heard talk about leaf placement that will effect the blend. Other than the heat of the burn it seems like the placement wouldn’t matter that much. It’s burning down together. Unless they are talking about loading it with the cut offs so you get the transitions as you burn it.
My few thoughts on the double binder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk