What's new

Double whammy Question

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I have tried many maduro cigars lately. I have taken a real liking to most fuente cigars. Cao MX2 and some others. My real question is, In this forum I have had Partagas black and Excalibur Dark Knight. I tried several of both of these cigars.

I have to say I was seriously dissapointed in the Dark Knight. The draw was very tight, and that was after letting it sit out for 3 days. It was like the cigar was swollen. then when I began smoking it there was no real taste, smoke or flavor. AT ALL. Slow burning, almost no smoke, really just a disappointing cigar.

Next comes the Partagas Black. I again let it sit out for 3 days, don't really know why because the humidity is at 65%. Anyways The partagas black drew tightly and was actually alot of work to smoke them. The taste and flavors only came through 3/4 of the way throught the cigar. Weird to me anyways. Not much smoke to them. When the flavor kicked in it was a good cigar. but seem like alot of work for a little flavor at the end.

This problem is only with these two cigars. And every one of these two brands as well. I wouldn't be as concerened if it was one cigar. But it has been several of each brand. Any of you guy have similar expereinces with these two cigars?
let me know please. Maybe it's where I'm getting my cigars.

Donk

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
How's the weather where you are? Is your hygro calibrated?

I would buy some beads from Heartfelt and start from there. The beads take alot of the headache out of storage. I use to have similar problems with some cigars but they all went away after I started using the beads.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Good question HB. I don't think three days is enough. I know some that believe it takes a month for a cigar to stabilize after travel. I'm beginning to be a believer. Its hard to put those beauties away for so long but the reward is huge. I have found cigars that I thought were total losses that turned into gems. Aroma de Cuba is one of those. Tried one and thought, "whats the big deal". Let em rest for six months and yumm. Same with no draw. I have a special second chance box where cigars that wont draw go. I smoke great cigars out of it all the time.