What's new

Draw tool?

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Several good draw tools out there...I have about 4 of them and here's one of my nub tools:

This is one of two draw tools....this is a shorty while I have another one that is longer for Chuchill sized ones.

The draw tools are fluted to get offending pieces of tobacco that I can pull from my cigars.

3/5King

Shwing!
Rating - 100%
77   0   0
I wouldn't ever use a draw toll on a stick, I've found that when you push a hole into the cigar, all it does is allow the heat to come straight through that hole intomy mouth; on to my tongue. It has never helped the enjoyability of the stick, just traded one negative for another. This is my experience anyway.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a Havana Saver for a few years (really needed it for the cheap sticks I was smoking back then). It works most of the time, but will wander and pierce the wrapper occasionally. I got the one with the nekkid lady:)

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've never personally used one. Was at my b&m and had a plugged chupacabra. It was plugged from the start and I went and brought it up, and the guy tried to use a draw tool to open it up, handed me the stick and told me to try it, and it didn't work. So I see no purpose
I've seen the drawpoker tool. Which IMHO, looks like a total gimmick and waste of money. Something like what you and everyone above me shared seems like a better deal and could get the job done on any ring gauge and sized cigar.
I have the Draw Tool as well and the problem with that device is that it's too long and isn't fluted....so I cut the end off and made it 6 inches and tapered the end of it to a conical shape...not sharp but sharp enough to get it into the cigar easily. The next thing I did was make it fluted....just like the picture I put up...stagger them up and down the rod to make it effective and when you put the rod into the cigar twist and turn it as you bring the rod back up and you'll feel how it works the tobacco and opens it up. A smooth rod doesn't really work as all it does is open the channel and then when you bring the heat of the draw it just closes up again. 5 years ago I actually posted a thread on a Forum telling people that if they came upon a cigar that they couldn't smoke because it was plugged to send them to me for $1 to $2 that I'd pay depending on what cigar brand it was. People were sending me some great CC's and NC's that were at least $10- $15 a stick and every single cigar I received I was able to unplug them and smoke them. It was such a great thing that I did reviews on the "plugged" cigars with pics and went into detail as to what I did and how it smoked....( as long as the cigar wasn't all goober'd up and was in good shape I took them and paid them for something they were going to pitch anyway...the S/H I covered for them as well)

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
How did you flute them brother? Small saw, or?
I have a friend do it for me as he has a shop with some grinding tools where the wheel was very thin...he was able to grind and polish it with perfect precision. ..works great ànd I paid him with the cigars I got from others. ..talk about paying it forward. ..

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I wouldn't ever use a draw toll on a stick, I've found that when you push a hole into the cigar, all it does is allow the heat to come straight through that hole intomy mouth; on to my tongue. It has never helped the enjoyability of the stick, just traded one negative for another. This is my experience anyway.
^wisdom