What's new

Drew Estate Factory Bundles #1 & #2

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
These where on sale last week, so I grabbed a bundle each of the #1 & #2 in robs. After sale price and BOTLORG discount, ended up paying $1.70 ea. They arrived today, and looked so good, I had to try one of each OTT. First rate construction, flawless, oily wrappers, topped off with a double cap. The #1 is finished with a Connecticut Broadleaf Maduro, while the #2 is finished with a Connecticut Habano(?) Maduro. Maybe I'm ignorant, but in my 10 years of this journey, I've never head of a Connecticut Habano wrapper leaf. They both look like Broadleaf to me. Both where well packed and heavy in the hand, with no soft spots. By inspection alone, you would swear these where $10 premium cigars.

First one up was the #2. Wow, tons of rich, creamy dark chocolate and espresso with a hint of nuts and sweet spice. There where times that it reminded me of a Liga, and other times a Nica Rustica. Slow burning with a perfect burn line, and a good amount of smoke. This one was right in my wheelhouse, and I will be grabbing more.

I took about an hour break, then lite up the #1. Though a perfect, slow burn, and tons and tons of smoke, I didn't enjoy this one as much. I got a lot of dry wood, dry baker's chocolate, and dry earth (dirt). Somewhat like an un-sweetened Dirt Torpedo (though I haven't had one in years, it just reminded me of what I remember them to be). Unless these improve with rest, I won't be buying anymore.

On a side note, the bands on these are extremely innovative, and I hope they become the industry standard. The glue is a "sticky note" type reusable adhesive, that looks to be machine printed on the label in a series of small dots. It holds the band on very tightly, but is a breeze to peel, without any damage to the band or the wrapper. I could not get the glue to stick to the wrapper, but you could but the band back together over and over again, so it must be designed to stick to paper only. No more having to tear bands off, or dealing with damaged wrappers due to sloppy gluing.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
These where on sale last week, so I grabbed a bundle each of the #1 & #2 in robs. After sale price and BOTLORG discount, ended up paying $1.70 ea. They arrived today, and looked so good, I had to try one of each OTT. First rate construction, flawless, oily wrappers, topped off with a double cap. The #1 is finished with a Connecticut Broadleaf Maduro, while the #2 is finished with a Connecticut Habano(?) Maduro. Maybe I'm ignorant, but in my 10 years of this journey, I've never head of a Connecticut Habano wrapper leaf. They both look like Broadleaf to me. Both where well packed and heavy in the hand, with no soft spots. By inspection alone, you would swear these where $10 premium cigars.

First one up was the #2. Wow, tons of rich, creamy dark chocolate and espresso with a hint of nuts and sweet spice. There where times that it reminded me of a Liga, and other times a Nica Rustica. Slow burning with a perfect burn line, and a good amount of smoke. This one was right in my wheelhouse, and I will be grabbing more.

I took about an hour break, then lite up the #1. Though a perfect, slow burn, and tons and tons of smoke, I didn't enjoy this one as much. I got a lot of dry wood, dry baker's chocolate, and dry earth (dirt). Somewhat like an un-sweetened Dirt Torpedo (though I haven't had one in years, it just reminded me of what I remember them to be). Unless these improve with rest, I won't be buying anymore.

On a side note, the bands on these are extremely innovative, and I hope they become the industry standard. The glue is a "sticky note" type reusable adhesive, that looks to be machine printed on the label in a series of small dots. It holds the band on very tightly, but is a breeze to peel, without any damage to the band or the wrapper. I could not get the glue to stick to the wrapper, but you could but the band back together over and over again, so it must be designed to stick to paper only. No more having to tear bands off, or dealing with damaged wrappers due to sloppy gluing.
I hope the Cuban's are listening to your mention of glue type.

bripper

lowlife
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
download.jpg CI-DE1-TORM-400.jpg

Agree with Argus17. Thanks for your review.
I placed a similar order Jan. 27 and used the BOTL discount. The No. 1 churchill with silver bands was a flavor bomb. Hard to smoke just one -- is like eating pistachios, you can't stop. Exceedingly well-made. A strong bargain.
The No. 2 robusto is a weird journey. The flavors swirl but the taste is a dry spice, almost powdery. Hard to keep this stick lit, unlike most Drew Estate cigars which can burn too much. The triple cap on these is not the best. Best to use a punch. Is not a bad cigar, but more of a yard gar.
Also nabbed a bundle of 25 Drew Estate Factory Seconds UC Belicosos from CigarMonster for $58.71 (no bands) after BOTL discount. And free shipping. This factory second is a spice smash.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've had both the Factory Bundles and Factory Seconds. Extremely happy with my purchases. Excellent construction and flavor. The Liga Factory Second I had was as good as any 1st but at a price point that Liga's SHOULD BE AT.