What's new

"Drew Estate is the 'Beats by Dre' of the cigar world."

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
It's possible, though to my knowledge Beats has always been about image only.

I assume we're talking primarily about the Liga Privada line, in which case I'd really liken it more to the iPhone. It's not as complex and doesn't do as many things as other phone, but at the end of the day it does exactly what I want it to do, reliably, and without hassle. It just works.

I suppose the Undercrown/Nica Rustica lines would be like the 5c... even simpler, less expensive but also less quality, but still doing everything you want it to do.

The Liga Privada No. 9 still remains in my memory as one of my top cigars of all time. I haven't smoked many lately due to sampling everything else I possibly can. I've heard rumors the No. 9 has dropped off, and that'll be tragic if it's true because it's such a great smoke.

herfdog

I am no rocket surgeon
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Worked with sound engineers and audio technician. Beats by Dr. Dre equates to "lots of bling, poor output"

I am confused. Are you saying Drew Estate aren't good?

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Hopefully Drew is not. Dre sold Beats for a large fortune. How much control do you think he has now? Curse the idea.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Worked with sound engineers and audio technician. Beats by Dr. Dre equates to "lots of bling, poor output"

I am confused. Are you saying Drew Estate aren't good?
I just saw the quote and thought it was funny. I do not own Beats but my view is, LOTSA BASS and little else, for the same price as a top-of-the-line set of cans that will be great no matter what you listen to. Great marketing (and a cool 3 bills for Dre), distinctive style... but better can be had for the money.

Of course, cigars are completely subjective as to "better." But I thought the observation was quite apt and pithy enough to share. With a handful of L40, rat, pig, papas fritas, etc. in my humi at this moment.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Bose would be MF lol
You're saying MF is overpriced but greatly marketed lower quality cigars?
Haha no def not at all I meant to say most people over look MF as they do bose and go toward other stuff that most people do .. But when they hear it realize they actually sound good ...

But when you put it that way lol damn

Rating - 92.3%
13   1   0
horrible midrange and terribly overpriced for what it is, with a gaudy logo and awkward look......

yeah i would say that is a perfect comparison...