What's new

Drew Estate Pipe Tobacco Review (Heirloom Cherry)

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Drew Estate Heirloom Cherry

Tobacco - This aromatic blend includes Virginia, Burley and Cavendish.

Tin Aroma - When the tin is open it is a blast of straight up cherry cordial. There is no way around this. It makes the fat man in me salivate.

Packing - The packing is very easy. The tobacco is somewhere between a ribbon cut and shag. Its just moist enough and fine enough to pack in my bowl well.

Room Note - Nice light cherry aroma.

Light - The light went well it lit evenly and seems to be getting a nice cherry burn.

Taste - This is the part that threw me a little. When I opened the tin I was smacked in the face with an overwhelming smell of cherry cordial. I was so expecting this to be an in your face aromatic. Its actually extremely well balanced.

The cherry is very light and allows for all the great Virginia and Burley to shine through the blend. I would say this is an aromatic that an English lover could dig into. Its not offensive at the least on the palate and isn't over indulgent. The best thing about Drew Estate is they can make a flavorful tobacco that tastes natural.

The burn is good and only lit my bowl twice and for an aromatic it has no bite to it at all. The tobacco isn't drenched in oil like most aromatics. So in summary; if you like a light aromatic with great quality Virginia, Burley and Cavendish you will love this blend.

Hats off to Michael Cellucci!

Special thanks to thedismaltrade and Grrrrr609.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Nice review. Sounds like a nice blend.

And how u know I had anything do with this?

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using Tapatalk

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Just a guess. I could be wrong but you didn't deny it yet. Is it a coincidence that the letter I received had the same amount of R's in grrrrreat as your name?

BrittS88

Banned
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
This review makes me want to get into the pipe game too. Good job man.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
cool, rex, actually makes me want to try it! (and i am NOT an aro guy, by and large)

and, britt, you want to dabble, roll through the pipe noob trade when you get done with the n00b sampler. low to no risk, it's set up to give folks the opportunity to learn.

BrittS88

Banned
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
cool, rex, actually makes me want to try it! (and i am NOT an aro guy, by and large)

and, britt, you want to dabble, roll through the pipe noob trade when you get done with the n00b sampler. low to no risk, it's set up to give folks the opportunity to learn.
Yeah that's my plan. Just waiting for the noob sampler to finish out :)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
163   0   0

+1 on this

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Just a guess. I could be wrong but you didn't deny it yet. Is it a coincidence that the letter I received had the same amount of R's in grrrrreat as your name?
Yea that was me bro. thedismaltrade had offered it up for trade and I happen to have some stuff he was looking for, and being as you had commented on wanting to try it I thought a little stealth bombing was in order. Thought it would take a little longer for ya to figure out but it was still fun. lol