What's new

Drew Estate Unveils “Tienda Exclusiva by Willy Herrera” for Barrister Cigars TONIGHT

Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Funny you mention old ladies. There was a sweet old mom buying boxes for her son in phoenix. Believe it or not I let her go in front of me since the place was smoked the fuck out. I ready had my boxes so it didn't matter but she did get the last three packs of Herrera esteli matches ! Those HEs camouflage well in my CC cooler.

Rating - 100%
231   0   0
they package them like CC
Funny you mention old ladies. There was a sweet old mom buying boxes for her son in phoenix. Believe it or not I let her go in front of me since the place was smoked the fuck out. I ready had my boxes so it didn't matter but she did get the last three packs of Herrera esteli matches ! Those HEs camouflage well in my CC cooler.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Funny story about that lady. She called the store earlier in the day and said, "I've never been to a cigar event before, but I'm coming in for my son. Is it like a rock concert? Do I have to get there early and wait in line?" LOL - I kid you not. As soon as we saw her walk up, Dave went right over to her to help her out. She drove decently far to get there too.

I didn't know anyone else would be there - should have said hello!

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
To give a heads up for those interested, here is what I posted elsewhere (you can find some more pictures - and I'll add more later - here):

* The cigar is a 4 7/8 x 46, I believe.
* I asked Willy for blend details, but he told me they are keeping it "hush-hush". I told him the FedHeads wanted to know, but he said he couldn't share. My guess is that it has a Mexican San Andres wrapper, but that is just a guess
* I was at the shop a little before 2, and the crowds began to arrive as early as 4:30 though the event started at 6
* There were some Undercrown Flying Pigs available early in the day, but they went fast. See my post elsewhere about my thoughts.
* KMack and Big Willy showed up between 4:30 and 5 and I think a few boxes might have started to be sold shortly thereafter
* I asked how many boxes were available, and was told the number was being kept quiet. Several boxes were put out to begin the event, and whenever the table got low, staff retrieved more from the back so I have no way to gauge how many were made
* I can tell you that I heard that by 6:15 (15 minutes after the event technically started), over half the supply was already sold. Seems realistic as there was a steady line at the register every time I looked
* I left around 8:30 (the event was scheduled until 9), and there were a few boxes still on the table and potentially more in the back. I'd be surprised if it was not a total sell-out, but it wouldn't hurt to call Barrister today if you wanted to try to score any leftovers. Not sure if they will ship, but I'm sure I can provide some help if there are some available
* Boxes were being sold for $130, and I believe bundles were being sold for the same (not positive on that). I also saw bundles being broken down and sold as singles
* Around 6:45 or so, JD pulled up with Sam Morales, Mario Takeyama and BaitFish Gary
* The regular local cigar community socialites were there - Matty Rock, Peter Totaro, Juan Cancel, Jersey Jay, etc. - all great dudes
* I saw Dean from Epic Cigars as I was leaving, but didn't have a chance to speak to him
* In typical fashion, there was a line halfway through the store to talk to JD
* Barrister isn't a massive shop, but it wasn't uncomfortably crowded at any point as people were in the back, in various parts of the main area, and outside. It was crowded enough, though, that, as I left, I ran into a regular outside who didn't even realize I was there even though I had been there all day. I highly suggest checking out the shop if you're ever in the area
* Had a long conversation with Sam Morales about things coming from Drew Estate (including the Diplomat App) and about what we're doing here at Cigar Federation. Drew Estate has greatly supported myself and all of us at Cigar Federation, and I/we thank them incredibly for it. I'm really eager for this Diplomat app to hit the public because I think it will be a fun and unique tool
* Mario told me they were in Pennsylvania earlier in the day, came to NJ for the event, had Juan Cancel's event on Thursday, and then were heading to Japan for a week - grueling schedule there
* The cigar itself - I'll avoid a thorough review (at least for now because it was my 4th cigar of the day), but I found it to be similar to the Herrera Esteli (perhaps the name association made me make the comparison), but a bit more powerful - solid medium-full - and a bit chocolatey.

I think that's all that comes to mind now. If you have any questions, let me know.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
For those that asked, I just spoke with Dave. Call Barrister at 908-964-3000. Tell him Matt Ross sent you. He still has a few boxes left as of a couple of minutes ago. Will ship.