What's new

Drink green tea

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
https://www.yahoo.com/health/green-tea-may-zap-cancer-cells-in-your-mouth-109500145432.html

Green Tea May Zap Cancer Cells In Your Mouth
A new Pennsylvania State University study published in Molecular Nutrition and Food Research found that green tea might kill oral cancer cells — and boost healthy cells.

This is the latest research to tap green tea as a potential cancer-fighter.

Oral cancer and green tea were first linked in a 2002 study that found that green tea could induce cancer cell death, and suggested “regular consumption of green tea could be beneficial in the prevention of oral cancer.” In these latest findings, the study authors determined that a compound in green tea triggers a process in the cancerous cells’ mitochondria that leads to early cell death.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I don't drink caffeine. Do any of you guys know of a good decaffeinated green tea or if there is such a thing?

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I don't drink caffeine. Do any of you guys know of a good decaffeinated green tea or if there is such a thing?
Bigelow makes one. Or you can steep a caffeinated bag of green or black tea for 30 seconds, pour out that tea, and then steep as normal (2 minutes) with the lightly-used bag. Most of the caffeine goes out in the first 30 seconds.

I thought green tea had very little caffeine anyway.
Green tea is loaded with caffeine.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
This is not exactly true, from what I understand by volume green tea is "high" in caffeine however you use substantially less to brew a cup (2 grams) compared to coffee (14+grams). The result is a cup of green tea has roughly 25% the caffeine a cup of coffee has but that can fluctuate substantially.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bigelow makes one. Or you can steep a caffeinated bag of green or black tea for 30 seconds, pour out that tea, and then steep as normal (2 minutes) with the lightly-used bag. Most of the caffeine goes out in the first 30 seconds.

This is not exactly true, from what I understand by volume green tea is "high" in caffeine however you use substantially less to brew a cup (2 grams) compared to coffee (14+grams). The result is a cup of green tea has roughly 25% the caffeine a cup of coffee has but that can fluctuate substantially.
My brother inlaw was told to eliminate not just reduce caffeine from his diet and was told green tea was a good subsitute.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0

IMHO...Bigelow tea is horrible. Weak, not much flavor, etc. Try Stash Tea...