What's new

Dry crispy filler question

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received a bag of viso that is very dry and crispy. I'm wondering if I should give a short spray and re-close? Or should I bring to case a few at a time as I roll?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bring the hole bag up. It will take time to acclimate so keep revisiting the bag. It will be the kind of thing where you'll want to bring it above the case for storage and dry it some.
Through the process, while in higher case, take the opportunity stretch out the crinkles creases, sort it to likened bodies.
Revisit it to see that the case is down enough to where it will not turn to mush.
Storing it to dry will open the opportunity for easy breakage.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Marc L - That's exactly what I wanted to know and then some. I may do just that with all of my crinkly binder...bring up the case, stretch and de-wrinkle, the dry to a low case.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Revisiting open bags is a common practice of mine. It lends to pre-assembly preparation. Prep for assembly for bunching lends to bunching efficiency.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Revisiting open bags is a common practice of mine. It lends to pre-assembly preparation. Prep for assembly for bunching lends to bunching efficiency.

I don't do that anywheres near so frequently as I ought to. But as it happens I do have a bag of viso all dampened up and separated right now, ripe & ready to stretch and dry. That's my task today, as I idle between blends. Think I'll hit that task this very minute.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thoughts on putting Boveda packs in the bags of filler and wrapper? I was thing 62% for fillers and 72% for wrappers?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It really should be more of a hands on kinda thing. You want to be able to get a feel of it. Boveda is not recommended for this stuff. in my opinion..

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boveda is good at adding small amounts of humidity to cigars that are basically already at the correct RH. Not sure there is enough moisture to wholesale condition a full bag of leaf. FYI, when I'm bringing dry filler up to case I spritz each side of each leaf once. Add it all up and that's a lot of moisture.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up setting up a small room with a humidifier in the morning. Laid out the leaf and went to roll in the evening. I tried to keep the room about 80% humidity. I did sprits the wrapper a bit so it was ready. The fillers were in pretty good shape then.
I was thinking if the Boveda could get the leaf at 70% then after rolling they wouldn’t take as long to normalize and be smokable. The wrapper will need to dry but it’s on the outside which drys faster than the filler.
I’ve only been working with 1/4 pound bags of leaf which isn’t that much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think its really question of volume. There is a lot more moisture required to bring a raw least up to 80% than a finish rolled cigar.