What's new

Dual beam plasma lighter

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
I emailed asking if they have a cigar sized one. Doubt it but you never know.
I wish that other company (Agnite) hadn't gone under.

Iholmes

I-hole
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Just watched the youtube video, that Agnite is awesome. If I hadn't already dug myself a deep enough hole (cigar molds) I would say I could build one of those. Maybe I'll just add it to the list

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Just watched the youtube video, that Agnite is awesome. If I hadn't already dug myself a deep enough hole (cigar molds) I would say I could build one of those. Maybe I'll just add it to the list
They are no more. Website is still up but they haven't shipped a product for two years. I got a response from the partner to the guy in the videos. He takes money for pre orders and never ships.

Iholmes

I-hole
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Ok, I looked in to it a little. I found some flat heating elements, based on the watt density you can figure out the temperature the element will reach. Using a 30mm x 30mm element (3cm^2) you could supply 6 watts and it should be able to reach ~700*F. According to google butane lighters can reach 2000*F so this might not work. Air flow could help the element ignite the leaf quick but it would be a stretch I think. Might require some testing. I'll leave the link for one of the heating elements that I started looking in to. Micanite heaters are the only ones that could withstand the temperature described and will also accept the power. Wonder how long it would last...

http://freek-heaters.com/products/flat-heating-elements/flat-heating-elements

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks pretty cool! Sorry to bump old thread but has anyone tried the saberlight sparq? it looks pretty awesome too. I was reading the reviews here they seemed alright. Just seeing if anyone has tried other plasma lighters.