What's new

Dual soft flame, flint ignited lighter?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can any of you recommend a lighter described in the title?

I have kinda grown tired of jet flame lighters and piezo ignition.
I feel I get a better experience with a soft flame, can't seem to find one anywhere.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
looks nice and expensive. I have a pipe lighter that is butane and flint ignition. Got it for about 9 USD on a pipe site. Can't remember which one.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does look nice, and should fit my 3 finger leather case in place of one cigar.

Plus it comes with a puncher, should be decent considering the price to have as a backup.

The price is a little steep, if there would be one for around $20, I'd be all over it.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
I would not get another Prometheus lighter - even if it was free. The ones I bought had terrible quality and and did not last 6 months.

The best flint lighters, imo, are the Corona Old Boys. I've used one for over 6 years without any problems.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Dude, the Xikar line of lighters ranges from $20 to too much for me, but even the cheaper ones have lifetime warranties. I got the executive with a side trigger that keeps your fingers out of the flame. Are you set on the flint light, why? Just want to know if I'm missing out on something.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I would not get another Prometheus lighter - even if it was free. The ones I bought had terrible quality and and did not last 6 months.

The best flint lighters, imo, are the Corona Old Boys. I've used one for over 6 years without any problems.
Same experience with Prometheus. I actually gave them back one at a Big Smoke a few years ago when it crapped out for the umpteenth time that night. I dont use flint lighter so cant help you there.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a couple of nice, single soft flame, flint ignition lighters from Nibo. They're cheap ($10-20 IIRC), good, and look like the classic DuPont/Dunhill/Cartier roller lighters. I think I got 'em on eBay... :applause: