What's new

Dual zone wineadors

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Anyone with a dual zone with drawers and/or shelves installed? I just picked up an avanti 40bottle dual zone and I was just wondering if there were others with dual zones all set up. Pics would help! Thanks guys

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Not familiar with different models, but I'd imagine a 40 bottle unit to be compressor driven?

If it is, are you planning on running temp control? If so, you may want to reconsider.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I originally wanted a dualzone, trying to consider my wife's wine habit, but she said don't bother so I found a cheap single zone for myself. I am a bit OCD and would have done boxes on one side and singles/fivers/leftovers on the other though probably. Good luck hunting down pics, sorry I can't be more help. Should be a fun project!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I originally wanted a dualzone, trying to consider my wife's wine habit, but she said don't bother so I found a cheap single zone for myself. I am a bit OCD and would have done boxes on one side and singles/fivers/leftovers on the other though probably. Good luck hunting down pics, sorry I can't be more help. Should be a fun project!
I wasn't aiming for a dual zone but with the $80 price tag picked up, thermoelectric and the capacity, it was a no brainer. Talked with someone who makes drawers and it's just gonna have to be a custom job obviously. But with dimensions of 17.75"x11.5", I'll have a good amount of room for drawers up top and boxes for the bottom.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Definitely can't go wrong with $80 for a 40-bottle fridge. If you want to keep it on the cheap end, just pick up basic cedar trays for your singles and just stack boxes of cigars on the actual fridge racks.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yea you got a steal for 40 bucks. Great pickup, good luck with the project. CGraunke I have taken note of the wire shelving for mine...may have to go that route temporarily. The tetris game has gotten out of hand in mine.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, great thread because I have been contemplating if anyone else has attempted the dual zone cooler to split between my sticks and wine for my wife. Hoping someone out there has and can steer me in either direction. Thanks

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not sure what questions you would have. 2 separate coolers in one. They are independent. Made for people that like white & red wine. The two varieties of wine are best at different temps. Hence the dual zone.
Set yours up for cigars(higher temp) and her wine at a lower temp as needed. Simple..

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Definitely can't go wrong with $80 for a 40-bottle fridge. If you want to keep it on the cheap end, just pick up basic cedar trays for your singles and just stack boxes of cigars on the actual fridge racks.
I tried and they just don't fit. Well they fit but aren't wide enough. There's gonna be a lot of wasted space IMO.

Just a heads up for dual zones, I left mine on for about a week and with everything nj it's been 65/65 on the bottom and about 70/65 on top. I actually got the unit for 80 because the top part wasn't cooling to the designated temp (59 degrees). After some searching, someone with the same exact model disabled the top cooling unit and the temps from the bottom cooled the top to where we would prefer with smokes. So it worked out in the end having the top cooling unit disabled. All in all I'm happy with the purchase and at $80, a steal for sure. Looks like I'll be setting up 3 drawers up top for singles and bottom for boxes. Here's a shot of it for now.