What's new

Dumb winadore question

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked up a used 28 bottle wine cooler on Craigslist and noticed the fan is still running when the target set temperature is reached. Is the inside fan supposed to run continuously for circulation or should it just stop once the set temperature is reached?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Pretty sure it should stop. You could disconnect the wire just for the fan, then the cooler would kick on when below the temp.

Depending on temp where you're keeping it, might just need to have a laptop fan on the bottom on a timer to circulate the air, and keep the wineador itself unplugged

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
On my cc-100 the internal circ fans runs continuously. I ended up doing the opposite and unplugging the wires for the cooling unit and heat sink fan since I don’t need cooling in my basement.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On my cc-100 the internal circ fans runs continuously. I ended up doing the opposite and unplugging the wires for the cooling unit and heat sink fan since I don’t need cooling in my basement.

OK thanks for confirming. So you just let it run continuously rather than cycle it?

Mine is going to be in the basement also so I have to decide what I want to do. The temperature is generally between 69 and 72°F all year long. With all the horror stories about trying to keep a consistent humidity when using cooling I may not even deal with that.

I’ll have to double check with the back grate off to make sure the cooling fans are turning off and only the inside fan is running when it reaches the target temperature.

I got this wine cooler for a steal and now I know why. The bigger problem is getting the sickly sweet smell out of the fans and the cooling plates. It’s almost as if someone spilled some wine down the back of the grates and got everything doused in it. No idea what the smell is but I’ve got everything taken apart and dousing it with baking soda solution. Hoping that removes the stench.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
OK thanks for confirming. So you just let it run continuously rather than cycle it?

Mine is going to be in the basement also so I have to decide what I want to do. The temperature is generally between 69 and 72°F all year long. With all the horror stories about trying to keep a consistent humidity when using cooling I may not even deal with that.

I’ll have to double check with the back grate off to make sure the cooling fans are turning off and only the inside fan is running when it reaches the target temperature.

I got this wine cooler for a steal and now I know why. The bigger problem is getting the sickly sweet smell out of the fans and the cooling plates. It’s almost as if someone spilled some wine down the back of the grates and got everything doused in it. No idea what the smell is but I’ve got everything taken apart and dousing it with baking soda solution. Hoping that removes the stench.

What brand? If you have a Newair the board and wiring my be the same. I have a pic I can send you with the wires to unplug for the cooling plate and heat sink fan. It leaves everything else working, interior fan, light, and temp display.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What brand? If you have a Newair the board and wiring my be the same. I have a pic I can send you with the wires to unplug for the cooling plate and heat sink fan. It leaves everything else working, interior fan, light, and temp display.

Thanks but it’s a vinotemp.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the back all taken apart anyway and I can see the wires to the outside fans and heat plate. So I guess I can just follow them and unplug them at the board if there is a plug otherwise just cut them and I would Think that the inside fan would continue to work.

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
If the temp is fine, just leave it unplugged.

I quit using the cooling on my mine years ago. It’s now just a really pretty coolidor, and things are great.

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0

I could probably use that diagram. I have a whynter, and 99% sure it's the same as a New Air. My temp indicator is screwed, cooling way below the asking temp, so I leave it unplugged. Wish the fan would blow though...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it’s not the same just unplug each one separately and figure out by trial and error. Just make sure to unplug the ac so your not touching a live circuit board. My vinotemp has the fans and plates on the back along with then circuit board so you can visually see which wires to unplug.