What's new

Dunbarton Sobremesa Robusto Largo

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Right out of the cello this just glistens with oils. Says the wrapper is a dark Ecuadorian Habanos. Pre light draw is perfect, little cedar and some cocoa or leather notes in there as well. Retro is a very mild smooth cedar. Very nice.

1" in and the burn is razor sharp. The flavors are fairly complex and really coat the entire pallet. Ash is holding strong. Very light gray with a few black specks in it. Aroma is very pleasant as well. A little sweet spice note in the background and a slight saltiness on the head of the cigar when I puff on it.

1/2 way point and the ash finally dropped on its own.
Predominant flavors are earth/leather and chocolate/espresso. Also some cedar and smooth spices in the background. Very nice. So far medium in strength and finish. There's also some toasted leaf note in there. Pallet is mostly a nice tobacco flavor and flavors are also building on the lips.

Just past the 1/2 way point and more of that toasted leaf is coming out. More sweetness is coming out as well. Retro is still cedar with a light spice as well.

Last third. Rich tobacco plus all of the above all rolled into one. Very nice complexity to this. Smoke output has been fantastic, burn is still perfect and this oily wrapper is beautiful.
Description says med/full. I agree with that, Just a hair into the full spectrum though.
No pepper. I like it. I like pepper too but seems everything has pepper these days, or at least what I have been smoking. This was very complex from start to finish and an all around high quality stick. Little more expensive than many others but IMO worth the money. A little over 8 bucks a stick isn't going to break the bank and certainly the smoking experience is worth that much.