What's new

Eagles vs Saints

avid toker

Regulator
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Damn, close but no cigar again. The penalties cost the game for the Eagles and McAllister was a force that the Eagles defense could not reckon with.
But, the Eagles are a winner against the line at least.

McNabb is the franchise QB.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Good, close game ... but the Saints got lucky IMO. Their secondary had more holes than swiss cheese all day. And that call with under 4 minutes remaining to pitch the ball back to Reggie Bush (who botched it) was dumb. In fact the series before where they went 3 and out on straight passes was also dumb.

Finally Andy Reid basically handed them the game by choosing to punt the ball away with under 2 minutes. I guess he had lots of faith in his defense ... but by that time, they looked pretty beat/tired to me. I don't think the Saints are ready for the big show yet, but my hats off to them for having a real tunaround year.

justinphilly

makin dollars out of $.15
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Now before anyone goes and calls me a homer, let me preface by saying this.. the game was lost when the eagles had the ball DEEP in saints territory and settled for a field goal.. on 3rd and 1 you HAVE to get a first down, if you want to win in the playoffs... The whole punt/not punt thing is a tough decision to make in 45 seconds.. and with the favor of hind-sight, its easy to say he should have made the other decision.. I for one agree with punting.. You leave the defense to stop the saints when you know all they are going to do is run.. you have to figure your d can stop a team, with only one plan of attack..

What i didnt like about the game was all the questionable calls by the officials. We all know the NFL wants nothing more then the Saints in the superbowl, and with that said, the saints got EVERY questionable call imaginable.. Illegal contact on a sack? Holding, pass interference, anything.. I went into the game figuring the eagles had to beat the saints, the crowd, AND the officials.. They were close, but just like in last year's super bowl, the ofiicials had other ideas..

Tell me it wasnt a little fishy that the Texans chose Williams in the draft? You cant tell me there wasnt a phone call from Tagliabue telling Houston to leave Reggie out there for New Orleans? Come on, the city needed him, and a trip to the super bowl..

Homer rant off.. But some have to agree with some of what i posted..

Again, alot of respect goes out to NO, they played well.. congrats on the win, and good luck in the next round.. I am not trying to disrespect any saints fans here, just my opinions..

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I'm not sure about this guy with 10 posts :eyepoke: I'm kidding Justin! :agreeclen

I agree the Saints got favored calls. There is no doubt about that.

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
it was a great game! and despite the ref's (i remember them picking up a flag which was clearly illegal contact), the fans, the draft, the city,,, and i strongly reject Homer's conspiracy logic,,, the saints allowed the eagles back in with the games first turnover! Breese was poised, and they did what they had to do for the W!

I think they're the team to beat in the NFC!

jeff

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Now before anyone goes and calls me a homer, let me preface by saying this.. the game was lost when the eagles had the ball DEEP in saints territory and settled for a field goal.. on 3rd and 1 you HAVE to get a first down, if you want to win in the playoffs... The whole punt/not punt thing is a tough decision to make in 45 seconds.. and with the favor of hind-sight, its easy to say he should have made the other decision.. I for one agree with punting.. You leave the defense to stop the saints when you know all they are going to do is run.. you have to figure your d can stop a team, with only one plan of attack..

What i didnt like about the game was all the questionable calls by the officials. We all know the NFL wants nothing more then the Saints in the superbowl, and with that said, the saints got EVERY questionable call imaginable.. Illegal contact on a sack? Holding, pass interference, anything.. I went into the game figuring the eagles had to beat the saints, the crowd, AND the officials.. They were close, but just like in last year's super bowl, the ofiicials had other ideas..

Tell me it wasnt a little fishy that the Texans chose Williams in the draft? You cant tell me there wasnt a phone call from Tagliabue telling Houston to leave Reggie out there for New Orleans? Come on, the city needed him, and a trip to the super bowl..

Homer rant off.. But some have to agree with some of what i posted..

Again, alot of respect goes out to NO, they played well.. congrats on the win, and good luck in the next round.. I am not trying to disrespect any saints fans here, just my opinions..
Not gonna touch this one. Good game. Well fought. We lost. Next year.

justinphilly

makin dollars out of $.15
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm not sure about this guy with 10 posts :eyepoke: I'm kidding Justin! :agreeclen

I agree the Saints got favored calls. There is no doubt about that.
LOL, thats all i am saying... watch the game (i have family with fox sports, so i get a dvd.. anyone can tivo it the same, i save commercials... the eagles lost the game, no doubt.. but EVERY call went the other way... hard to beat the zebras too!!

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Justin ... Everyone is entitled to their opinion without being called names for it. With yours, I just choose to disagree.

Sure the Eagles had to settle for a FG early in the 4th Q, but they had over 11 minutes left to work with at that point to get at least a tying FG. I agree with the call at that point. However, punting the ball back with less than two minutes to play ... with a tired defense that has not stopped the run consistently all day is basically a surrender. Tough decision ... maybe. But Mr. Reid has been a coach for many years and he is paid to make quick decisions.

Also I also did not see a ton of "questionable" calls in the game. A couple were borderline, but I didn't see any favoritism.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was there...it was electric.

Did it sound really painfully loud through the TV? This was the loudest group of humanity I've every experienced...especially after the Eagles recovered Deuce's fumble.