What's new

Early Birthday Gift For Mom

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
When I was a kid my favorite thing to do was listen to Tony Bennett with my Mom :) For years we would dance and sing and really bond as we enjoyed his music. When tickets first went on sale for his concert a few months ago I broke all internet usage rules at work and bought a pair in the front row and kept it a secret from my Mom until the night before the show (show was August 22nd). When she opened the gift box and saw the tickets inside she was so happy her eyes welled up with tears. I knew she would enjoy the concert but I had no idea how much it meant to her. The show itself was amazing as expected. Tony Bennett is my favorite musician of all-time and he's so great live! On top of that he loves to connect with his audience. My mother started a standing ovation after he sang "I Left My Heart In San Francisco" and he graciously acknowledged her by saluting in return. Being a huge fan I knew all the words to the songs in his set list and sang along with him the entire concert. On several occasions he would smile in my direction and during a musical interlude in "Watch What Happens" he pointed and winked directly at me. The whole experience was just awesome.

The only downside is that my iPhone took crappy pictures inside the concert hall.

Tony Bennett.jpg

Happy Birthday Mom!