What's new

Earthquake!

PetersCreek

Brother Borealis
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I started my day at work...like, two minutes into it...with a major earthquake. Magnitude 7.0 with an epicenter 41km deep, just 10-15 miles from the office. It got real exciting there for almost a minute. After making sure I wasn’t needed to relocate operations (air traffic control) I crept across town for 1½ hours, picked up the wife, and after camping in an Olive Garden for lunch in hopes of traffic dying down a bit, we braved the northbound highway for 3½-to-4-hours to go home.

We found ourselves to be very fortunate, if our local facebook group is any indication. No obvious damage to the house...but it’s dark...and little breakage of our treasures...very little. I’m recovering from the roller coaster day with a Perla Del Mar and some BenRiach single malt. Now, if the aftershocks would just fuggoff

akpreacherplayz

The Preacher
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
I started my day at work...like, two minutes into it...with a major earthquake. Magnitude 7.0 with an epicenter 41km deep, just 10-15 miles from the office. It got real exciting there for almost a minute. After making sure I wasn’t needed to relocate operations (air traffic control) I crept across town for 1½ hours, picked up the wife, and after camping in an Olive Garden for lunch in hopes of traffic dying down a bit, we braved the northbound highway for 3½-to-4-hours to go home.

We found ourselves to be very fortunate, if our local facebook group is any indication. No obvious damage to the house...but it’s dark...and little breakage of our treasures...very little. I’m recovering from the roller coaster day with a Perla Del Mar and some BenRiach single malt. Now, if the aftershocks would just fuggoff
Glad you’re ok

Sent from Area 51 using telepathy

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Yeah. That's crazy stuff. Glad everyone is safe, and hope the recovery goes smoother that is being suggested...

We have a faultline in SE MO that hiccups from time to time, but has a history of big ones, and supposedly we are due. Hope it waits awhile...

Prine

Nerf herder
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Glad to hear all is well. Looks like it’s going to take awhile to get things back to normal after this one