What's new

EDC Bags

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
This doesn't really belong in this form but it's as close as what I can figure out.

I am looking for a EDC bag and am wondering what the brothers here use.

Obviously the best bag is going to depend on what is carried, but to give you an idea I am looking at the Maxpedition EDC bag

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Yeah - I'm in the "tactical=tacticool" camp and am not looking to draw attention to it. Almost the entirety of my EDC gear is quite benign and am just looking for a good pouch that I can drop into any one of my bags: camera bag when I am out shooting, my messenger bag when I am carrying my laptop, my sport bag when I am heading out to the dojo, etc.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Here's the actual "everyday" stuff. Although I do typically keep my knife and kubotan in my pockets. Missing from the picture is a small first aid kit that's roughly the size of my wallet.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
So, I decided to go with the Condor Sidekick Pouch. I bought it in black as it doesn't have (IMHO) that same "tactical look" that the OD and green have. Plus, since it will be inside another bag, it won't be as visible as if I had bought a full sized bag instead.

Really looking forward to being able to just grabbing it and dropping it into a bag instead of transferring my gear each time I change bags.

Angry Bill

2x BoM, BoY '08
Staff member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
I just bought a 5.11 moab6 crossover pack. Small but very practical if I'm on a hike or out for a long day, I like the fact it has a compartment perfect for most guns that is secured by Velcro and allows easy access to my gun. I still prefer carrying my firearm on my person, but this is a nice occasional pack.

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
can't really go wrong with anything 5.11 IMO, I have their side trip brief (school and carry friendly) Also the moab sling is a nice nice bag esp. for carry.....cheers

Oh and amazon to save $ along with www.camelcamelcamel.com

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
5.11 is so well known around AZ that most folks can pick out a concealed carry shirt, web belt, or sling bag without issue. I use an Oakley kitchen sink (or bathroom sink, I don't remember which) if I'm placed in the unfortunate and uber rare situation where I must carry in that manner. It's got a slick side access zipper. While it is still a bit eyecatching, there is not a stitch of hook & loop or molle on it anywhere.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I use a vanquest sling pack for my daily edc bag. Holds everything I need and has a hidden pocket in the back for off body carry should I choose to do so. I got it super cheap and it's a very sturdy bag.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am no expert but when out in the woods I carry the 5 C's

Cut
Cover
Cordage
Combustion
Container ........plus the sixth
Compass