What's new

Embr?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When its up and running I'm so going to swipe their flavor wheel.

Based on what I know about blending from personal experience, there's little change someone can pick components from a written description, select propositions of components and end up with a cigar they like the first time. The concept is intriguing, but unless they offer the opportunity for small runs (less than 10) to proof a particular blend, or they offer pre-packaged clone blends, there's not a great chance they will succeed.

Think of it this way: you have never had a lasagna. You get a written description of the taste of:
tomato sauce
onion
ground beef
garlic
pasta

Do you think a blend you select would taste like the lasagna you already love? There's more to the blender's art than throwing leaves together.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that charge levied on all cigar introduced or only those offered to the general public?

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
I can see so many inherent problems here.
I do not see a way for this to work with this format.

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
When its up and running I'm so going to swipe their flavor wheel.

Based on what I know about blending from personal experience, there's little change someone can pick components from a written description, select propositions of components and end up with a cigar they like the first time. The concept is intriguing, but unless they offer the opportunity for small runs (less than 10) to proof a particular blend, or they offer pre-packaged clone blends, there's not a great chance they will succeed.

Think of it this way: you have never had a lasagna. You get a written description of the taste of:
tomato sauce
onion
ground beef
garlic
pasta

Do you think a blend you select would taste like the lasagna you already love? There's more to the blender's art than throwing leaves together.
I’ve never had tomato sauce, nor a tomato. What does it taste like?

Each Tobacco leaf when burned has its own unique flavor. That makes describing it difficult.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I doesn't look like a viable business, but then again, if the plan is to just make a bit of cash and have some fun then it may work great. The start-up costs are a web page and a bunch of tobacco. I assume there are no salaries paid and everyone works piece work. Though their web page says that cigar rolling equipment is expensive, I think we all realize that it really isn't. If they can get enough free advertising then they may make enough profit to allow them to buy better cigars.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Came here to suggest not buying from this company. His name is Dillon Blevins and he learned to roll cigars in May at Bobalu Cigar Co in Austin, Texas. He took the class and called us a month later to borrow equipment to get his business going. The deal was to pay shipping and we loan him molds for a week. He has not returned them but has since started this illegitimate business. I discovered an AMA on reddit from two months ago and called him out similar to this and the post was deleted two hours later. Spend your money how you want but I encourage you to support honest business practices.
https://www.reddit.com/r/cigars/comments/91wrta/embr_cigars_ama/

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Anyone come across these guys yet? (granted they're not up and running)

https://www.embrcigars.com/

Interesting concept for those who want to "roll their own" but dont know if they have the time or yearning to actually do it themselves.

I'm going to suggest you contact one of us who goes by the handle @TheRemMxologist, right here. She's one helluvan artist

and she has a regular established business which she makes her entire living from.

Wish to hell I could remember her web site. PM the gal. She can consult you up a blend and get you the product no prob. It's what she does.

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Came here to suggest not buying from this company. His name is Dillon Blevins and he learned to roll cigars in May at Bobalu Cigar Co in Austin, Texas. He took the class and called us a month later to borrow equipment to get his business going. The deal was to pay shipping and we loan him molds for a week. He has not returned them but has since started this illegitimate business. I discovered an AMA on reddit from two months ago and called him out similar to this and the post was deleted two hours later. Spend your money how you want but I encourage you to support honest business practices.
https://www.reddit.com/r/cigars/comments/91wrta/embr_cigars_ama/
Lol. This is some funny shit. I don't think his COTM is going to be a great hit.

hodl_my_beer 3 points 2 months ago

I was just reading up on your cigar of the month club. That is a crazy offer. How much does it cost?

• Dsabheb 2 points 2 months ago

It's going to be the best part of our brand community, by far.

It actually only costs $20 a month, which comes down to $18 if you've signed up before launch! That includes a total of 24 cigars, which will all be fantastic, as they've been voted on and reviewed by our authors at Halfwheel and CA. Plus the awesome chance that your cigar makes COTY - the value of that speaks for itself.

• Murphy223 2 points 2 months ago

Am I reading this correctly. It's 1 Cigar / month for $18 and at the end of the year, you ship 12 more?
      • Dsabheb 1 point 2 months ago

• Correct! After which, at the end of that last month, YOU (and every member) vote on the best blend to become the Cigar Of The Year. We can't wait to see what the community creates.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I'm going to suggest you contact one of us who goes by the handle @TheRemMxologist, right here. She's one helluvan artist

and she has a regular established business which she makes her entire living from.

Wish to hell I could remember her web site. PM the gal. She can consult you up a blend and get you the product no prob. It's what she does.
Website is remixcigarlab.com