What's new

ERDM Choix Supreme '98

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I remember when I was relatively new to fine cigars, many more experienced smokers would always comment that ERDM was a "light" range of "mild" strength. I never agreed with this.
For example, the ERDM CS I smoked last night. Oily medium brown wrapper, I mean shiny. Lights perfectly, and right from puff #1, full, rich tobacco flavor with the classic ERDM profile-cedar, light spice, a touch of cinnamon, and PLENTY of stength. Not a Cazadore, but no Fonseca either. And this has been my experience with other vitolas of this line, the Gran Corona, Lonsdale, etc.
Back to the CS-age has tempered this beauty into a FINE cigar, which has inspired me to get some '04s to put away; just hope they are as well filled as this one. O:)

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Good review, thanks. I agree. I've yet to have a CS that I didn't enjoy. Had one from '98 as well a couple of nights ago after several other mediocre smokes. The CS is quickly becoming a reliable grab from the humi. Going to have to try a few others from the ERDM line.

geoffrie

Pappa Smurf
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Recently smoked a '98 and the ERDM-CS is a classic smoke. Always after smoking a CS, one word always comes to mind.... woody.

I also agree with Ironman calling it a nice change of pace. Whereas sometimes I can smoke the same same cigar two or three days in the same week ... I don't thing I would ever do that with a CS.

I

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
geoffrie said:
Recently smoked a '98 and the ERDM-CS is a classic smoke. Always after smoking a CS, one word always comes to mind.... woody.
Yup ... I get a woody when thinking about the first 1998 ERdMs I smoked ... :smt031

Bruce5

--
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
fitzonelove said:
I remember when I was relatively new to fine cigars, many more experienced smokers would always comment that ERDM was a "light" range of "mild" strength. I never agreed with this.
For example, the ERDM CS I smoked last night. Oily medium brown wrapper, I mean shiny. Lights perfectly, and right from puff #1, full, rich tobacco flavor with the classic ERDM profile-cedar, light spice, a touch of cinnamon, and PLENTY of stength. Not a Cazadore, but no Fonseca either. And this has been my experience with other vitolas of this line, the Gran Corona, Lonsdale, etc.
Back to the CS-age has tempered this beauty into a FINE cigar, which has inspired me to get some '04s to put away; just hope they are as well filled as this one. O:)
I have found this stick to vary in strength over the years. Some were on the light side of medium and some were pretty damn close to full. It is a nice cigar that ages well. It is great that they also come in 50 cabs.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I was going to post about this myself, I just got a box from '03 and after letting them sit for a few days fired one up, I couldn't believe the strength in this one, don't know if the whole box will be like this but they are very very dark, darker than, and almost as powerful as my psd4's. I continue to be puzzled as I constantly here that this is a mild, or morning cigar, well mine sure are not.