What's new

Erin Go Bragh

ThatGuy3510

Alpha-nerd
Rating - 94.1%
36   2   1
Sat down to play some CoD: MW2 and figured I'd have a smoke while going at it. Lit one of these I'd had sitting in the humi for a couple months (got a 5er for 12.95 off JoeCigar.com), but ended up putting the game down to enjoy this.

Erin Go Bragh
Size: Corona 6" x 44
Wrapper: CT Shade
Blend: Cuban-seed Dominican
Price: ~$3/stick
Total smoke time: 1.5 hrs

Great looking stick with a very attractive Irish flag colored band, the wrapper was immaculate, very smooth and medium brown. It didn't feel thick or overly dense, just slightly spongy. Prelight draw left a bit of sweetness on my lips that I really liked, along with a hint of whisky flavor and aroma that was delicious.

It lit right up with no trouble at all, the burn and draw stayed perfect all the way to the nub. It wasn't a very complex cigar, the flavors stayed constant most of the way through, very smooth and creamy with, of course, the aftertaste of good Irish whisky. At the last third, the whisky flavor really took over, and being the fan of such drink that I am, I just couldn't put down. I was slightly surprised by the amount of smoke this stick produced, huge silky white clouds that left the whisky aroma lingering in the air.

I very much enjoyed this cigar, and I'm looking forward to the rest that I have. If your looking for a mild-to-medium smoke to just relax and enjoy, without having to think too hard about what you're tasting, this is the stick for you. And at $50 for a box of 20 (cigarsinternational.com), it really is a fantastic value.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
LMAO @ Skins I was thinking the same thing... I've never known anyone to smoke one of these and do a review and actually lived after actually smoking it, LOL!

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Interesting. I had a Maker's Mark infused cigar and found it somewhat nasty. These sound more appealing. Thanks for the review!
I guess there's no accounting for taste than, since I drink my fair share of Maker's Mark, I like their cigars!

Ducati

Monster.
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I guess there's no accounting for taste than, since I drink my fair share of Maker's Mark, I like their cigars!
My taste is obviously questionable, and lacking at best.

I actually love Maker's Mark (and other whiskys) and enjoy it whenever I can. I thought the cigar was odd though.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
"I thought the cigar was odd though."

I guess you could say it's an aquired taste, I don't smoke them all the time but will occasionally enjoy one....usually after I've been drinking!

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
I've had several liquor infused cigars and while some were decent, IMO, the best method is to enjoy the tobacco and alcohol separately.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I realize this post is almost 5yrs old but it just safed me from pulling my hair out, I've been hunting Erin go Bragh Irish Whiskey cigars and so far the only place I could find them is cigarbid, till now. Thank you

THEMISCHMAN

SGT Hulka
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
I realize this post is almost 5yrs old but it just safed me from pulling my hair out, I've been hunting Erin go Bragh Irish Whiskey cigars and so far the only place I could find them is cigarbid, till now. Thank you
Doc, first of all, you have no hair to pull out. Lol. Secondly, CI, C.com, and CBid are pretty much one and the same. They are owned by Swedish Match. That's why some of the cigars you see on their websites are only available there because they own the brand and can't be found on other sites.

Great review, by the way.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahaha hey man my hairs growing soon i'll actually have some.... ya I didn't think about that till it was pointed out, still a newbie man I'm learn'd'ing lol